track fairings

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

baxim

I took my 6r to track here in Houston. I thought about just riding without the fairings but decide it against. I just taped everything up and removed the mirrors.

I pushed hard on it, My tires were almost destroyed (original tires) at the end of the day (I was running 30 psi, averaging 30-33 with hot tires) but it was fun. Just the front suspension that it sucked a bit on a track. To much travel and no adjustment. But it was nice knowing the limit of the bike.

There was a lowered busa on the track as well, oh man, on the turns that thing just parked. It was frustrating because on the straight it just took off.

I also saw a wreck right in front of me. A guy tried to pass someone on the inside underbreaking. thats a no no on level 1. the other guy didnt see him coming and they collided, both were able to walk it off.

Have fun.

JonKerr

Elite Member

bmw675

You can get a set of FZ6R fairings on ebay relatively cheap. They're not OEM quality but they're also half the price, perfect for a track day. Just search for them on ebay. then look for a cheap, wrecked headlight housing you can paint to match the fairings.

I've been thinking about doing exactly this if I start doing more track days.
Do they not require full belly pans in CA? Here they allow the novice group to ride without, but intermediate and advanced require some soft of catch pan.

JonKerr

Elite Member