Tires

Billy Ho

Hey everyone I am looking to put a new set of tires on my bike I have been riding Dunlop Sportsmax Roadmaster's looking at the Dunlop Sportsmax Q3 to replace them with. Any recommendations or comment would be much appreciated. Thanks

mike

Hey everyone I am looking to put a new set of tires on my bike I have been riding Dunlop Sportsmax Roadmaster's looking at the Dunlop Sportsmax Q3 to replace them with. Any recommendations or comment would be much appreciated. Thanks
It all depends on what type of riding you do. If your not worried about tire life and your trying to push the bike to its limits go with the Q3's. There great on grip but will flat spot in the center if you do alot of highway riding. If your looking for longevity go with a dual composition tire there hard in the center for better wear on the straights and a softer rubber on the side for cornering. I went with the michelin pilot road 4's but i do mostly commuting on the FZ, I can still ride pretty hard with the pilot roads and haven't had any issues. I ride pretty hard on my R1 but i went with pilot powers. Not to worried about tire life with that bike just grip.

Dan-600

I use the Q3's at the track and they do pretty good however they (obviously) don't last nearly as long as another tire would on the street.

For street riding go with a Michelin PR4. For aggressive street riding and track riding, go with Q3's.

Billy Ho

Thanks for the input I mostly ride on the highway and back and forth to work. I do like getting out on the weekends and riding pretty aggressive threw the hills and curves will the Michelin tires grip well threw the curves on the weekends. I do not or have not gone to the track there are no tracks close to me.

mike

Thanks for the input I mostly ride on the highway and back and forth to work. I do like getting out on the weekends and riding pretty aggressive threw the hills and curves will the Michelin tires grip well threw the curves on the weekends. I do not or have not gone to the track there are no tracks close to me.
The pr4's should do fine in the curves, im almost scraping pegs with thr pr4's but keep in mind there a sport touring tire not super sport. I wouldn't suggest trying to drag a knee going around corners with it. There not as sticky. There is a sacrifice for long tire life. But like i said there fine for the weekend warrior in the twisties from my experience with them. What ever tire you choose remember to take it east the first 100 miles or so until the tires get scrubbed in good.