tires online

danieljardim

your local cycle gear my also work out
Really having a hard time to find a set of tires. the fronts never matches the rear. (maybe I'm just not giving enough effort) It's for my brother in law bike
120/80/17 front 120/80/15 rear. he wants something cheap because he may trade in the bike on the end of the season. but his tires are wiped out on a unsafe to ride point. (front ones are so dry rotted they are almost splitting open, and he rides everyday to work, sun or rain).

anybody wants to help?

JSP

Super Moderator
Really having a hard time to find a set of tires. the fronts never matches the rear. (maybe I'm just not giving enough effort) It's for my brother in law bike
120/80/17 front 120/80/15 rear. he wants something cheap because he may trade in the bike on the end of the season. but his tires are wiped out on a unsafe to ride point. (front ones are so dry rotted they are almost splitting open, and he rides everyday to work, sun or rain).

anybody wants to help?
What bike are those for? Odd sizes

RoadTrip

Well, the PR3's are highly reccommended, running about $304 a set from Motorcycle Superstore, and about $293 a set from Revzilla, I have used both these companies and they are good. Pirellis Angels also highly reccomended, about the same cost for a set.

But, if you are willing to accept a shorter tire life with improved grip, then the S20's can still be had for a bargain, both Motosport and Kneedraggers have the FZ6R sized set for $204 on a combo sale. The rear may only last 3000miles, though (front should last double that), vs basically forever on the PR3's.

The best thing is that since the S20 is a new model, you know you are getting fresh tires, I have spoken directly to the warehouse manager at some online stores and they promised a particular tire would not be over a year old (Mfg dates are stamped on the tire); but then when I received it, it was dang near 3yrs old - it ran fine, but I would rather have the freshest tire possible (and not be lied to).

One more thing regarding high mileage Michelins is that they can supposedly 'bake out' before the tread is gone, making you think you got a ton of life, but most peeps don't seem to notice any loss in grip, so it probably doesn't matter for most people. For me, I would rather chew up a tire and be sticky as hell right to the end than to be wondering if my tire has 'baked out'. <-the michelin bake out is from canyonchasers.com

Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

danieljardim

Really pissed.

As some of you guys know I work at a service dept at a ford dealer.

Called 3 local dealers to try to find price on tires and installation for my brother in law bike and all 3 treated me like shit and I got no answer

unbelievable. F***** lazy bastards. Do your F****** job.

Somebody calls me here. I will make sure you get the best service over the phone you know why? A lot people out there don't look at prices they look how they are treated. And I have plenty of customer that are shopping around for prices and come down here. I'm not the best but I'm good in what I do.

Just pissed and venting. Sorry.

Saxon237

it's true though...I think in today's world there's too much price searching and not enough customer service quality. I always go back to places that treat me well, even if their prices are higher.