Tire Balance & weights

Okay got my new Roadmaster 170/60-17 mounted and balanced today and I now have 50 grams, (1) 30 gram and (1) 20 gram. Does that seem like alot of weight to balance a motorcycle tire? Stock I only had 1, can't remember weather it was the 20 or 30 gram. I did notice on the tire that it had 2 marks. One white bullseye on the sidewall, and one yellow bullseye directly on the bead. The guy who mounted the tire has the white mark in the vicinity of the valve stem and the yellow mark directly on the bead is located approximately where the balance weights are. Did a little research and Dunlop tires claim the yellow dot is the lightest part of the tire and should be oriented with the tire valve. What is the white mark for? Did this guy mistake and that is the reason for the extra weight. Should I worry about it or is 50 grams normal to balance a tire like this. When I balance a car or truck tire and my friends shop the balancer will sometimes tell you to break the bead and move the tire 90 or 180 degrees on the rim to reduce the amount of weight required. Suggestions?

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Actually I was just looking at those Dyna Beads for motorcycle tires. I am thinking about ordering a kit and removing the lead weights altogether. The science behind them seems solid. Ever had any issues with them?

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

RonnieBlaze

I have had them in my tired for 2 weeks now.. My friend with a busa found them and he also put them in his.. I have not noticed a difference

Deanohh

I changed my own tires and didn't have a way to balance with weights so I used dynabeads. Never had any vibration or signs of unbalance.