tips for long ride?

jjc

I have had my bike since last August now...a 2013 fz6r with 6000 miles on it. Planning a trip next month from Seattle to Santa Cruz. Any tips on taking such a long ride with this bike, either mechanical that I need.to take care of before the ride, or what tools, fluids I should carry with me, to how many hrs to ride daily..thinking 5-6 hrs 200-300 miles per day. Thx for any input. Btw, not only just bought this bike last August but started riding then as well at ripe young age of 55.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jjc

Thanks for the advice and comforting to know the bike will run well over that distance. I'll check out the other posts.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

lytehouse

Super Moderator
Moto Skivvies....my husband says they help a lot!

lytehouse

Super Moderator
We will expect a ride report when you get back....with pics! :thumbup:

LKLD

My wife and I will be taking a trip in September, and one of the first things I did, besides luggage, was to get her a Kaoko throttle lock. We'll be doing close to 900 miles slabbing each way, and she'll need to give the throttle hand a break.

I Also put on a Doran TPMS, because of safety concerns of boo-coo high speeds and being so far away from home. A gps is next.

New T-30's will be put on a couple weeks before we leave.

Have a safe trip!

Nmexico

I would put in the backpack one of those energy ( lots of caffeine) drinks.
Those long freeway straights have been proven by science to numb the brain and induce sluggish mindset.