Throttle sticking.

1tcameron07

I just recently started my bike due to the cold weather and my throttle is sticking to where in don't have to touch it to let the clutch out. The rear tire just starts spinning. Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
It's normal for tire to spin a lil even in neutral. Is it spinning fast? Maybe your clutch cable is too tight and not full disengaging the gear.
if its in neutral, the clutch wont be the problem since whether you have it engaged or disengaged is pointless. Its just the oil that is between the input gear and one of the outputs is allowing the tiniest amount of power through. Nothing to worry about. Btw the throttle needs to be open just a small bit, otherwise the motor would starve for air and not idle. :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

1tcameron07

It's when I put the bike in gear and let off the clutch. I don't have to give the bike throttle because it s stuck at a high idle. So letting off the clutch and going into first is when the tire starts spinning, Moving the bike forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

dunhill

mine did that too when turning the steering full lock and flicking the throutle if it was all the way left the idel wouldnt drop all the way down so i just gave the cable a little bit more free play at the butterfly plate area now works fine :)