Throttle derestricting FZ6R

NightWolf

:confused::D

Okay , So , I have searched what seems to be the whole web. Theres plently of questions on throttle derestriction for the Fz6r. But there is nothing on how to do it .

Ive been told by my dealer that there is a small weld , that i can break , allowing a full throttle process . From what ive seen , there is also bracket you can buy , and replace it with your restricted one.

From my first understandings , I figured it was inside the throttle ( on the handle bars ) ?. But from what my dealer said today , Its actuly inside the throttle body ( near the engine ) ?. Does anyone have a step by step guide to deristricting your FZ6R? . I think we need one. I might have to do one myself at a later date.

There are plenty of people asking , but not a guide or a " do it yourself " program. anyone care to iron it out?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

onur

the restriction is on the outside of the throttle body that stops the throttle from opening so its not the cable or noting all you do is change the bracket or just simply cut the throttle stop off

Fz6rAussie

De Restricting Fz6r

Hey guys,
Its not a cable and you dont have to destroy your stock bracket. I got mine from ResArt in Melbourne HERE He seems like a good guy and the installation instructions are from another post on this forum.
Check him out I had my FZ6R from my learners and it was like buying another bike. Not a great deal of difference down low but up high its got allot more power. For $150 bucks its a bargain and a must have.

Bert-Aus

Dont think those guys are around here anymore, check the date on the post -04/06/2011!

W0rp3D

Hey guys,
Its not a cable and you dont have to destroy your stock bracket. I got mine from ResArt in Melbourne HERE He seems like a good guy and the installation instructions are from another post on this forum.
Check him out I had my FZ6R from my learners and it was like buying another bike. Not a great deal of difference down low but up high its got allot more power. For $150 bucks its a bargain and a must have.
I found the fact that you can give it a full twist meant there was a huge difference down low but the bulk of the extra power is above 6500rpm which is about where the throttle stops.

mark

cutting the stop of the cable bracket yes but make when you do it that the butterflies dont over rotate w.o.t.position has to be checked with air box off looking down through the throttle bodies