Throttle Control, Thoughts?

Ricenoodle

Saw this on fb, anyone has one? pros vs cons? Thinking about getting it, for $20 it would make cruising on the highway even better. Wouldn't it scratch the pain on the brake levers though?

motorcycle throttle control

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiwlLAQLGC4&feature=player_embedded]Go Cruise Throttle control - YouTube[/ame]

daddyrack

Premium Member

BoneJj

i had it and it lasted about a month. snapped in half when trying to set it. theres a better made one but it costs a little more.

OMNI-CRUISE: Universal Motorcycle Throttle Lock
Pretty much this, the go cruise one is pretty lousy from what a lot of people say.

The omni-cruise seems to be the original that the go-cruise was based off of. The Omni cruise is the one that I've been wanting to order for a while now but it does have a large price tag on it.

The other one I tried is pretty lousy though, this omni is about the only one that seems to be easy enough and applicable to pretty much every bike out there.

Alex6

Holy cr#p, to pay $126.00 - $164.00 for throttle control?! My right hand does it for free, and more than that ... :jerk:

mdgreene2001

I never said it was cheap just said it was the nicest one out there that I have found.

I've read a few people on here using the cramp busters with good success..If your looking for cheep there a thread around here about using an o-ring inbetween the throttle and grip

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

EsrTek

Pretty much this, the go cruise one is pretty lousy from what a lot of people say.

The omni-cruise seems to be the original that the go-cruise was based off of. The Omni cruise is the one that I've been wanting to order for a while now but it does have a large price tag on it.

The other one I tried is pretty lousy though, this omni is about the only one that seems to be easy enough and applicable to pretty much every bike out there.
I have the Omni-Cruise and hardly ever use it...it is constructed nice out of metal, but vibrations cause loss of speed. Plus it's not all the great to engage/disengage w thumb. I actually plan on buying a cheap cramp buster instead.

I'd sell the Omni for $35.

BoneJj

I don't know about you guys but these things just scream dangerous to me. I've done long distance riding without any real issues. If you're keeping your grip nice and relaxed you shouldn't be cramping.

Just my $.02
That may be fine for you but after having my right arm destroyed and put back together I like to have a throttle lock to give my wrist some time to relax completely.

BKP

Been using a Cramp Buster for over a year. Nothing like simplicity, and as easy as resting your palm on the bar. I can see the advantages of throttle locks (and use cruise control in my car ALL the time), but, I'd hate to lose the deceleration effect of just letting up on the throttle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Ricenoodle

hmmmm, lots of options apparently, still i don't fully understand how to engage the throttle meister one, it's a bar end, how are you suppose to keep your hand on the grip and set it without removing it and losing acceleration at the rate of speed you're trying to set.

2013 Fz6r satin

hmmmm, lots of options apparently, still i don't fully understand how to engage the throttle meister one, it's a bar end, how are you suppose to keep your hand on the grip and set it without removing it and losing acceleration at the rate of speed you're trying to set.
pretty sure there's a rubberband involved somewhere...

WTP07

I own the clip on throttle control shown in the video and use it all the time on long rides where I am just cruising.

It's dangerous in the same way that a steak knife is dangerous in the hands of small children and the mentally challenged. That is to say, if you are an 8 yr old, or have a mental issue, you probably shouldn't be riding anyway.

It holds the throttle at wherever you set it, by resting on the front brake lever, until you twist the throttle back the other way, which offers very little resistance. It's plastic, so it won't mark your lever at all, in any way.

It does what it is supposed to do, give your wrist a break so you can keep a light grip on the throttle and get some circulation going again.

For $20 ( I think I paid $8 at the bike show a few years back) it is well worth the $$$. It's tiny, I keep it in the inside pocket of my jacket and forget it's there until I need to use it.

If you are considering one, I recommend this one for sure.

BoneJj

I have the Omni-Cruise and hardly ever use it...it is constructed nice out of metal, but vibrations cause loss of speed. Plus it's not all the great to engage/disengage w thumb. I actually plan on buying a cheap cramp buster instead.

I'd sell the Omni for $35.
Thank you sir, I look forward to getting to use it on the bike. It should show up just before my trip out of town in a couple weeks. Thanks again.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member