Thanksgiving Weekend Ride in LA

brownwa

Hi everyone. I'll be in LA for Thanksgiving weekend and wanted to check out some of the sweet local roads. If anyone is available to ride with me I'm hoping to check things out on Friday November 27, when all the cagers are resting at home. Alternative date is Saturday November 28.

I live in LA and would definitely be down to join. Since I'm new to the area, I'd prefer to have someone else lead the way. But Route 2 was awesome the first time I was there!

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

brownwa

Becareful...keep in mind that friday is black friday and everyone will be shopping and fighting over toys...that shopping rage often spils over onto the road...
Crap, you're right. I was thinking that Saturday everybody would be driving to take their families to the beach/park/whatever. Also I'm gambling that the hardcore black friday people will be out at midnight and then asleep by the time the sun comes up. We'll play it by ear.

Steadijess

Ummm. Everywhere you go in LA is going to have mad traffic. But, in all the canyon riding is clear during the week, shopping or not. It's the weekend canyon riding with performance racers on bikes and in cars that cause tragic accidents.

brownwa

Ummm. Everywhere you go in LA is going to have mad traffic. But, in all the canyon riding is clear during the week, shopping or not. It's the weekend canyon riding with performance racers on bikes and in cars that cause tragic accidents.
Yeah, this is exactly why I want to do Friday.

brownwa

I live in LA and I'm open to a ride, but just fyi holiday weekends usually have more enforcement
Cool, and thanks for the heads up on LEOs. We'll do a sensible pace then, and spread out more in the canyons so people can ride as they please. I myself volunteer to take up the rear as I don't know the roads and don't mind keeping the more relaxed riders company.

Do you have any route suggestions?

Motomama

I recently did my trip down to Malibu. Ride around the canyon there. Latigo Rd is amazing and very technical. If you want Gpx files, PM me. I have lots of back roads to get down there from santa clara and around that areas too. Riding on freeway is a waste of pleasure on a bike.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

leomtz92

I suggest you try Malibu mountains because Hwy 2 is a 66 mile ride that lasts about 2.5-3 hrs but definitely worth it.