TBR or M4 exhaust?

aburnett

As the title says, I am ready to replace the stock exhaust and upgrade to a more pleasant sound. I've gone through the threads and everybody praises Marthy's, but on his page everything is out of stock and I read somewhere that he isn't really doing this anymore.

That leaves me basically two options, the TBR or M4. I hear people who have the TBR love it, but haven't heard anything different comparing the TBR and M4. Anybody have any actually hands on experience with the two? Thanks.

UncleHilty

Contact Marthy directly he is still doing exhaust on a limited basis. I just did mine a few weeks ago and its AWESOME!

lark

I have the M4 exhaust and I love it! It sounds a lot better than stock. I have no idea if there are any gains to be had as far as performance, and don't have a juicebox yet. But, I'd recommend it. Install was pretty easy but the instructions were very poorly written. Can definitely install by yourself if you have a stand. Sorry I can't provide comparative input but thought I'd plug for M4.

I have pics on my photo album if you want to see how it looks installed.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jammer

I like theTBR and juice box. Just a clean looking set up IMO. Block off plates make a difference too.

aburnett

If Marthy isn't doing them any more you can buy a r6 exhaust and mod it slightly to fit the fz6r. You can usually pick them up cheap, then just pick a slip on. Think you need to keep them under 10 inches if mounting under the bike or it will stick out too far.
I've thought about that. But didn't want to deal with the hassle of bending the pipes to fit. I don't have access to anything to bend metal or a welder or anything.

aburnett

Well, I just pulled the trigger and bought the TBR full exhaust off amazon. Free 2 day shipping and it should be here by Friday to put on Saturday morning!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

aburnett

I like theTBR and juice box. Just a clean looking set up IMO. Block off plates make a difference too.
How do you like the Juice Box Pro? I really wanted to go with that, but since TBR's website says that they are no longer selling them steered me away. I ended up purchasing a PCV.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

aburnett

DIY is cheapest with R6 header. I had Marthy build me one for perfect quality without breaking the bank and love it. In real life the TBR looks cleanest and sounds meanest. M4 looks a little goofy imo but also sounds mean. If it was between homemade, TBR, and M4, I'd go TBR.

If you want TBR but can't get a juicebox, PCV works with it. Marthy made some TBR maps too!
I know power commander has maps for the TBR, but how does Marthy's maps differ?

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

aburnett

If I remember correctly (I might be wrong), Power Commander has pretty basic maps for bikes. Marthy has gone into those maps and optimized them to make more power, better fuel economy, and better overall driveability.

Go from a PC map to a Marthy map. You will notice the difference!
where can I get this map!?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Richie21

How do you like the Juice Box Pro? I really wanted to go with that, but since TBR's website says that they are no longer selling them steered me away. I ended up purchasing a PCV.

I was looking about this too because I wanted a TBR exhuast to go along with the juice box. Although they did stop making them if you go on the TBR website they say they still support it. Which gave me the ok to pull the trigger and buy a juice box off amazon :D

aburnett

I was looking about this too because I wanted a TBR exhuast to go along with the juice box. Although they did stop making them if you go on the TBR website they say they still support it. Which gave me the ok to pull the trigger and buy a juice box off amazon :D
I saw that too. But the thing that worried me was, when are they going to stop supporting it as well? I ended up buying the power commander 5 on amazon for 300 and bought the TBR full exhaust off amazon as well. And BTW, the TBR exhaust sounds like a beast and is loud! I am completely happy with the purchase. I haven't installed the power commander on there yet, I wanted to see how the bike ran without. I will be installing the pc later this week.

Richie21

I saw that too. But the thing that worried me was, when are they going to stop supporting it as well? I ended up buying the power commander 5 on amazon for 300 and bought the TBR full exhaust off amazon as well. And BTW, the TBR exhaust sounds like a beast and is loud! I am completely happy with the purchase. I haven't installed the power commander on there yet, I wanted to see how the bike ran without. I will be installing the pc later this week.

I doubt they would but when you download the maps I think you would be pretty much set from there as you could change the maps on the fly. Nice on the TBR! I can't wait till I get mine on my bike.