Tails

MadMaxx

soooo... who's experimented with different tails? I know I've seen R6 tails and such, but if I'm gonna go through the effort of changing the entire tail on my bike, it's gonna be something with a sexy light, like a ninja or an SV... will off brand tails fit?

TexanFZ6R

Ivs started messing with an r6 tail. Dont have anything mounted just the upper part ziptied. The frame of the 6r doesnt fit inside the tail of the r6 so I hit a wall. Not sure how to proceed

MadMaxx

That actually looks quite nice, but as they say it's what's inside that counts...

Where is the issue inside? is the frame not large/long enough to match the mounting positions? too big to fit?

Since it's just the tail, and not a part of the frame that supports anything of greater weight like the engine, you should be able to cut and weld as needed to fit the piece on. The fz6r's steel frame makes it overbuilt to the task of personnel carry, so even if you're not a master welder you should be fine sitting on a reshaped tail.

haven't decided on if I want to go with a zx6r or sv650s tail for myself.

TexanFZ6R

That actually looks quite nice, but as they say it's what's inside that counts...

Where is the issue inside? is the frame not large/long enough to match the mounting positions? too big to fit?

Since it's just the tail, and not a part of the frame that supports anything of greater weight like the engine, you should be able to cut and weld as needed to fit the piece on. The fz6r's steel frame makes it overbuilt to the task of personnel carry, so even if you're not a master welder you should be fine sitting on a reshaped tail.

haven't decided on if I want to go with a zx6r or sv650s tail for myself.
The fairing hits the rear frame and the height of the rear frame keeps the rear seat from sitting on the tail the way it should. I don't think it'll be hard to shave the plastic seat down to fit but the two halves of the fairing not fitting is where I'm stuck. I would probably have to build a new rear frame and weld it in place of the stock one. That's why I haven't touched it in a couple months. Haven't convinced myself it's worth it lol

That does look pretty cool, keep with it Tex
Thanks, I'll definitely try

MadMaxx

Well luckily it's a cheaper steel frame on the bike, so it might be possible to just heat it up around where it's too big and beat it into submission without much consequence, or at the very least you only need to replace that lil tip of the tail rather than the whole thing.

can't wait to go down this rabbit hole with mine, should be fun :)

TexanFZ6R

Well luckily it's a cheaper steel frame on the bike, so it might be possible to just heat it up around where it's too big and beat it into submission without much consequence, or at the very least you only need to replace that lil tip of the tail rather than the whole thing.

can't wait to go down this rabbit hole with mine, should be fun :)
I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far. Life has gotten busy for me, my welder broke, etc... Can't wait to get back out there and mess around with it