Tail Packs - Who uses them? I do!!!!!

F

FZSex

Ordered (another) elite seat sak from luggage locker. Made in USA and top quality, best in my opinion although pricey.

if you search dynamos2000 in youtube, you will see the one I had on my vfr.

highly recommended!

K

kemmer

Don't forget about the power of the bungee net. I used a bungee net for about 2000 miles before I found the Givi cases on craigs list and welded up the top case rack for the thrift store top case. I rode another 2,500 miles or so with the set up pictured. For me, wind was never an issue and it does not adversely affect handling at all. That's 4,500 miles of incident free bungee net riding.

I

inkrediboy

Was sup Krem -
I did bungee's on a trip up to San Francisco from LA on a Vstar 650 - oh the bungee's............... oh got to love the bungee's.....

I'll stop while I'm ahead :) - definitely not the safest solution, or cosmetically appealing solution, but a solution none the less!! What an adventure (and pain in the ass :)) that trip was with bungee's. h ah aha.

Thanks for the post guys - creative rigging was what this thread was all about to give other ideas. I'm glad we have contributors to it - helping eachother is what its all about here on FZ6.

If I could live in my Kreiga tail bag, I would (yes its that good) :)

INk

A

AlanB

I use the Cortech Sport tailbag daily! Love it! It comes with a waterproof rain cover. Expandable and holds a LOT! :steve: Couldn't live without it at this point.
+1 on that. With the handle, I use it just like a brief case for commuting to work. Even has zipper pockets and pen holders like a brief case.

K

kemmer

Was sup Krem -
I did bungee's on a trip up to San Francisco from LA on a Vstar 650 - oh the bungee's............... oh got to love the bungee's.....

I'll stop while I'm ahead :) - definitely not the safest solution, or cosmetically appealing solution, but a solution none the less!! What an adventure (and pain in the ass :)) that trip was with bungee's. h ah aha.

Thanks for the post guys - creative rigging was what this thread was all about to give other ideas. I'm glad we have contributors to it - helping eachother is what its all about here on FZ6.

If I could live in my Kreiga tail bag, I would (yes its that good) :)

INk

Yeah, the Kreiga looks super nice, I'll probably pick one up as soon as the funds allow it. I don't think I'll ever give up the bungee net though, as they allow you to carry stuff that wouldn't fit in any kind of bag. :)

R

RyanK

My tailbag rarely leaves the back, and if so, only for a passenger. It is a CARGO from Cycle gear ( Cycle Gear - CARGO Endurance Monster Tail Bag BLACK: Endurance Monster Tail Bag, BLACK ). May not be the prettiest or best built, for the size and quality for $100 cannot be beat. You wouldn't believe how much stuff you can pack into this thing when it is expanded!!! It fits pretty well, only place that it could rub the paint is the back grab-rail mount where I run the bungee strap to hold it down/stabilize it. It has a large strap that goes under the seat, but the bungees (attached to it) help stabilize it some.

I used a bungee net for my first year of commuting, and that got real old real quick! I've been using this tail bag for the last 2-3 years and love it.

Kreiga is super nice stuff, but a little out of my budget.

F

FZSex

Too much time went by for luggage locker to get back to me so I cancelled my order and got the cortech sport tail bag.

Great quality and half the price of the luggage locker. I'm not knockin the luckage locker bag, they are superior in quality and looks, made in the USA, but I have no patience and the cortech is a real bargain.

Fits my winter gloves and overpants plus a lil room to spare plus the side pockets.

Highly recommended

Attachments

M

mlevins77

Riders,

Yesterday I got a product that blew me away. I had been on the fence for months on what to do about storage capacity on a sportbike. Coming from cruiser land - saddle bags were such a luxury, and when I went sportbike (rocking R1), I had resigned myself to doing without conveniance and comfort for suicidal speed:). There was a ride up north I wanted to do - solo ride - by myself, adventure, off the cuff, rebel bullsheeeeet...head for the hills type of stuff and end up somewhere on Mars after passing through Yosemitie, and Frisco, etc.... I had no end destination, and no hotel reservations - where I laid, was where I laid.

I researched the maps, had it scheduled out, and even took the time off. Was freakin excited, but reality set in once I started contemplating the logistics of bringing \\"stuff\\". Dammit!!!

Where am I going to put this, where is that going to go, how do I tie this, crap, this backpack is going to kill me and I'm not going to want to take canyons with laundry on my back. I ended up taking the vacation anyway, and ranked out on that cally trek. I did local runs instead (i'm near canyons and beaches left and right in So Cal ). Came back to the office - tanned-browned-and baked, everybody was like so dam, where are the pictures of this epic adventure, and where did you go..... what did you see????? I had nothing..... I had nothing but guilt.

I ended up doing my research, and finally found something I was willing to take a risk on because I still need to do this trip.

Kriega

actual product page :
Kriega US-20

R1 forum.com was my savior in this instance.

I got these babys last night - and stuffed them beyond belief - Like \\"stupid\\" stuffed these things!!! :) I can pack for an entire week COMFORTABLY (we are talking 7 dayer baby without a backpack or tankbag even) with a US-40 setup. 1x 20liter main pack, and 2x10liter smaller expansions. All 3 can be interconnected, 1 up 2 up, or 3up and the system is fully modular or stacked single, double, or triple. The larger pack can even serve as a backpack while traveling in a plane or going from your bike to the hotel room. The secure buckle system to the seat is rock solid, fast, absolutely genious design, and its added a whole new sense of freedom, knowing I'm getting the best of both worlds. Sick ride - clean clothes!!!

A CBR rider up the street last night (sick custom CBR might I add) saw me screwing around with the bags, and now he's going to get some. They look awesome, and compliment the bike instead of making it look like shiiiaat while traveling.

Now I have a ridiculous performance bike - and the ability to take my crap with me.

Can you say, cake and eat it too? If you are in the market for such things - take peek at Kriega - i'm so impressed.
Researched the everloving hell out of bags...these are my hands-down favorites. Expensive though...especially on US sites...but here's the trick:

Motorcycle Clothes, Crash Helmets, Boots and Gloves, UK - Custom Lids

This site takes off the VAT charges that normally apply in the UK, and with the rise in the dollar (for us Yanks) the price is about $75 cheaper than the cheapest site I could find them on in the US. :D:D:D

If you were in the market, and liked the Kreiga bags...here ya go!!!

bigguybbr

Attachments

Last edited:

bigddy263

OGIO stealth tailbag

Just got my tail bag about a week ago. I used it on a saddlesore 1000, and have commuted to work a few times. I love it. It's too small by itself for overnight trips on my opinion, but awesome for what I wanted it for.

scott5626

Just installed my Coretech 2.0 24l. Kinda difficult at first figuring out how to mount it, but I really like it. Gives me some lumbar support too.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member