Tail Light Mods

C

chicagogreg

I did the LED brake light with the flasher. Had to mod the stock light holder to make the LED board stay in place, though. I like it and it tends to get the driver's attention behind you when you stop!

MNDZA

I did the LED brake light with the flasher. Had to mod the stock light holder to make the LED board stay in place, though. I like it and it tends to get the driver's attention behind you when you stop!
Do the FZ6R and FZ6 have the same light holders?

nujackk

You shouldn't have to cut the wires, just use a splice clip the wire never gets cut just the insulation and only a sliver that is never exposed unless you remove the splice.

MNDZA

Rise from your grave!

cbzdel

I am not wasting my money on expensive bulbs I am just gonna wait until either a LED board comes out or a complete integrated smoked replacement :thumbup:

lilfuzz

Im wondering if maybe an intigrated R6 tail light would fit or could be made to fit? Any thoughts there.

cbzdel

I did a part number search and no other yamahas have the same tail light part number, but it doesnt mean no two are the same, I dont recall an R6 light like ours though..