T-Rex Racing No-Cut Sliders Group Buy (Ends Oct 31st)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsoder

Mine touched the engine using the single washer supplied in the kit. I had to add 3 more to it so it wouldn't rest on the engine.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
It's possible that if enough vibration exists, you would erode the outer metal of the engine. A situation best avoided if possible. Plus, if the sliders touch the engine and you go down, there is no cushion of space between them, and there will likely be additional damage. Whereas, if there is room for movement, it's possible that less damage will be done during a fall.

njdan

OK, Thanks for the advice, I will have to go and get some washers and ad them to the sliders to keep it off the engine.

bmw675

When you installed the left side does your slider touch the engine or is it away from the engine? Mine sits against the engine. Wasn't sure if that's the way they are supposed to be.
once i put the two washers on it, i had mine at about 4 o'clock direction. it is extremely close/ maybe touching a bit, but i dont think its going to hurt it at all. btw, you could even get a little closer to the 3 o'clock position and it will still clear the fairing.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

yamarx1

I seen this original post for this offer was last year, do you think he would still give the same offer for all of us newbies to the forum?

Thanks

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Status
Not open for further replies.