T Rex Racing Frame Sliders

NYGirl

Price was right ..
Relatively easy to install..
Bike fell over, not a scratch to the plastics...priceless!!!

Tabitha

That's sweet to know, 'cause I'm in the market for some!

JoshF

Nice! How did the bike fall? I'm a noobie and need to learn how not to drop my baby.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Nice to hear they work but sorry you had to find out in person!

DragonBlu

I just talked with T-Rex this morning and they said try back next week for the sliders.

ArkAngel06

I had to call and order them. They are not on their site.

Here's some pics of the new model of sliders they have for us.

MikeN02

How long are these? Do they protect all the plastic parts or just the engine?
A misconception about frame sliders is they protect the plastics. This is false, it minimizes damage and is ment to protect the Frame of the bike hence the name frame sliders.

miketriebsch

From my experience the no cut frame sliders do not work nearly as well as the cut in frame sliders. They either bend in and damage what ever is in its way or just break off. When I finally get off my cheap butt I will buy the cut in sliders. Even though no one in there right mind wants to cut holes in there brand new bike lol.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

cloudfire

wow, way to resurrect an old thread! :)

BTW Mike, the new T-Rex sliders come with a full bracket that attaches in 3 different locations and will not bend in toward the bike (I know by experience x2). So there's no reason to cut your fairings. Check out their website to see what I mean

Chucker

From my experience the no cut frame sliders do not work nearly as well as the cut in frame sliders. They either bend in and damage what ever is in its way or just break off. When I finally get off my cheap butt I will buy the cut in sliders. Even though no one in there right mind wants to cut holes in there brand new bike lol.
The new T-Rex sliders are designed in a manner that virtually eliminates the leverage you get on other offsets, thus drastically reducing the chance of breakage or bending.

Attachments

Last edited:

Detrich

interesting mount for those T-Rex's... nice