T-rex frame slider for XJ6N?

yamahaxj6n

Hi guys, I'm just wondering whether the T-rex frame sliders for the FZ6R fits my XJ6N. Any help is appreciated :D.
Also, will ALL frame sliders available for FZ6R fit XJ6N?

ksgoh88

I have them on my 6R with XJ6N plastics and they do not fit without trimming the plastic. If you don't mind cutting up the plastics then they fit no problem. That being said, I'm not using the stock mounting bracket for the left side(clutch side when sitting on the bike) so I'm not a great example.

From what I've found the only universal fit frame slider is the Puig Pro. The rest are specific based on which set of plastics each use for the FZ6R/XJ6 Diversion F, XJ6 Diversion, or XJ6N. I could be wrong about this but this is what I found out during my research.

latony007

thats odd i would think the "no cut" would work fine as they mount on the same engine bolts but if the fairings are different could be an issue. I have the trex on my 6R and they look great.

yamahaxj6n

Thanks guys for answering my question :D.
I would prefer a no-cut frame slider for my XJ6. I could see that the Puig and Evotech frame sliders fit the xj6 perfectly, but they are quite expensive though :p. Any other suggestions?

Bert-Aus

Of all the types I researched going back a while now, they seemed to be all cut (varying amounts depending on brand).
The only sliders I could not get any confirmation on were the OEM Yamaha ones.

I personally went with T-Rex and they worked well -tried & tested in every sense:eek:

latony007

T-rex and shogun are the most popular here, i think about the same price. Both have no cut versions. Whether they work on the XJ is another story. i would email both trex and shogun see if anyone replies.