SW Motech And Givi

BoneJj

So I am hoping to get these in the near future and just wanted to check I have the right part number before I start going overboard with getting quotes etc

SW Motech Rack - KFT.06.478.20000.B

On the twistedthrottle website it has an option for a hard bolt kit. What is this?

Cheers
Shifty
So your post got me looking around and I found out that the sw motech stuff works with coocase, I never heard of them so I did some digging:

Coocase Topcases for Motorcycles and Scooters - YouTube

Yeah, I want a friken coocase now!!!! SOB those are badass and hell of a lot cheaper than others.

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

BoneJj

SW-Motech, Trax, Bags Connection, T-Ray/CooCase, BarkBusters and a few others are all owned by the same company. TwistedThrottle is the only US distributor for any of them, which kind of sucks because while I love the products, TT's service, stock and selection leaves much to be desired.
ahhhh, Yeah, that seems about a typical story, lol.

I was looking at their site and they have some killer stuff but looking at the main site for them there are a few other items I would really like to get a hold of...

Those CooCases are pretty damn "Coo". I'm sure that's where they got the name for them. I really like that the base just has a simple connection and there is nothing to unplug when taking the case off.

I will certainly be working to get a top case for my bike. That would make life nice. I would just be able to toss my helmet and a few other things in the case when I park and be done with it. I can live with that.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

BoneJj

I've used the Givi MonoLock series before. Not super heavy duty for hardcore adventure touring, but for tossing helmet and jacket in the back so I don't have to carry them with me, they're perfect. I had the E370 previously, might get the E470 (similar design, a bit wider) if I were buying today. Quite spacious and well designed. The new B47 looks very cool, but a bit too sharp and angular for the FZ6R, IMO.
Givi has some decent stuff but their mount for my bike looks like a goofy damn thing with the bends it has. Also givi tends to be rather expensive comparatively in a lot of cases.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dmkun

mcnam1rj, thanks for those pictures. Is it possible to ride with a passenger when those sidecases are on?
I have had v35s on mine for a while now and put around 1200 miles riding two-up without any issues. They look great and make the ride enjoyable with excellent weight distributions. I also have the AdMore lighting kit installed which IMO is a must-have.

Thinking now about getting the top case as well for longer trips...

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dmkun

:Yep, both turn signals and the brake light. It's a pretty neat and easy setup. I will take pics this Sunday when I go over to my parents house. I haven't yet started riding again coz of the weather. Can't wait...:rolleyes:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member