Sup all, just picked up a new 2014 fz6r

IHateWinter

Just signed up and here to say hello!

This is my 2nd bike, 1st 4 cylinder.

I can hardly wait for the snow and ice to thaw :)

I live/work far up north, Thunder Bay Ontario. Kinda remote and fz6r wasn't available, so I ended up buying one located in QC Terrebonne. Gonna fly there to pick it up in the spring and ride to London to surprise my parents... It's going to be AWESOME.

Anyway, see you around and ride safe - for those who are lucky enough to live in warmer area...

lark

Welcome! You'll love the bike, good choice. How far is the trip you have to make back? When does it get to be nice enough to ride up there? :)

IHateWinter

Welcome! You'll love the bike, good choice. How far is the trip you have to make back? When does it get to be nice enough to ride up there? :)
Oh it will be a hell of a trip that's for sure :)

Terrebonne to London should be about 8 hours, London to Thunder Bay is about 1300KM or 16 hours. I am really looking forward to it!

and hoping it gets warm enough by late March... but in reality probably early April.

Last edited:

iaminsider

I did a 1900 mile trip this past summer. In fact I went through your neck of the woods. I went from Minneapolis, MN and rode around Lake Superior. 7 days in the saddle.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

lark

I did a 1900 mile trip this past summer. In fact I went through your neck of the woods. I went from Minneapolis, MN and rode around Lake Superior. 7 days in the saddle.
That must've been a nice view! Although, I didn't have quite as much fun when I went to Minnesota. I was on a family farm... "vacation"

good luck on your trip though!

iaminsider

That must've been a nice view! Although, I didn't have quite as much fun when I went to Minnesota. I was on a family farm... "vacation"

good luck on your trip though!
The first 2 days (600 ish miles) were dense fog but once we made it past that, it was gorgeous.

Sorry for the thread jack. Back on topic.... The stock seat hurts, yes but you can power through it.

Last edited:

yellolab

Just signed up and here to say hello!

This is my 2nd bike, 1st 4 cylinder.

I can hardly wait for the snow and ice to thaw :)

I live/work far up north, Thunder Bay Ontario. Kinda remote and fz6r wasn't available, so I ended up buying one located in QC Terrebonne. Gonna fly there to pick it up in the spring and ride to London to surprise my parents... It's going to be AWESOME.

Anyway, see you around and ride safe - for those who are lucky enough to live in warmer area...
pics or it didn't happen!!

pics or it didn't happen!!
Yeah I feel for you Bro, I'm on the opposite side of the world from you in good ole Oz, where it's Summer now. I ride up and down the coast in the beaming sun wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt!! I do have a top notch helmet, and I do wear gloves, but that's all during Summer!! Anyway, having to wait a bit longer to get your bike, I'm sure that you'll enjoy it even more. Safe riding my friend.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

TexanFZ6R

I wasn't complaining, just bringing it to MorningStar's attention that he most likely won't get a reply from the OP lol. I've done it before too