Stock Tyre stats

Bert-Aus

Alright no opinion biases here just facts!

What where your stock tyres or atleast the tyres on your ride when you got it?

How long did your stock tyres last you?

My stockies were BT021's

Front -I changed out at 9612Km's
Rear -still going at 12850km's
(about to change rear due to a cut in tread pattern from road debris)

Kdubb223

I have BT021's with about 5500 miles on them
Front is pretty much gone from under inflation :/ oops my bad
Rear still has a ton of tread

But since the front is toast I decided to pick up a set of BT023's and will have them installed hopefully by the end of the week. Along with some angled valve stems.

Not sure if anybody can verify this but is there an age limit on motorcycle tires? Like after so many years you should change the tires?

BKP

Dunlop Roadsmarts were my stock tires. Not the Roadsmart II's. They started flattening out pretty heavily at about 5800 miles. Changed them out at 6200, when they first hit the wear marks on the rear. The front still looked like it had about 3000 miles left in it, and probably could have gotten another 1000 miles out of the rear, but wasn't interested, since the bike's behavior began getting a little twitchy in aggressive corners. Other than that, I was happy with them. I didn't understand the flattening (I don't do much straight slab riding, although, I don't believe that's as big a contributor as other factors). Just thought it was a little premature.

I switched to Michelin Pilot Road 2s (didn't do the 3s, because my research told me all you gain is slightly better wet traction at a slight sacrifice in longevity - and I don't do much wet riding at all). Just finished breaking them in, and so far, I'm ecstatic about their performance. They seem to *want* to be leaned over... Confidence inspiring is probably the best term for it...

This video below is from yesterday. I was riding a favorite back road behind where I live, which had a good share of wet leaves, especially in the corners, from the day before. While cautious, I was probably being a little too cavalier, since in some places, the bank on the right is an unguarded 60ft. drop into the Chattahoochee river, and you can see me slip while leaned over, toward the end. If those were still the Roadsmarts, I have *zero* doubt, I'd have been on my ass...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXptX0OQ92k&hd=1"]Southers Slip - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member