Star Trek (2009)

G

Guitar Man

I liked it. I was disappointed that Kirk just so happened to luckily end up on the same planet that (old) Spock was on. If (young) Spock would have had him ejected on any other planet the story would have been over.

After Deep Space Nine the writers messed up a lot of stuff and I lost interest in Star Trek. The movie was a bit of a breath of fresh air, but I fear that if there will be any sequels that they will ruin the relaunch of the franchise.

R

Ryan T

I enjoyed the movie. It's worth the price of admission and some popcorn too.:cheer:

A

AJ_rider

I've got a question for everyone, seeing as this is a motorcycle forum, what did you guys think of the motorcycle that Kirk rode?

I thought it could've been a little cooler, kinda reminded me of those new Honda automatic bikes. And :squid: anyone? Do they not need helmets in this Stardate? Well I guess if you're gonna drive a car off a cliff you're not to interested in personal safety.

I'll take Batman's MV instead. :thumbup:

F

Fred

The hubless wheel design is cool, but a bit impractical. Although I believe that there was a chopper built with that design.

Ahh yes, here it is.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJPTSaARlvs]YouTube - Hubless Chopper, (The Hubless Monster) A Wicked Bike Without Rims that Rides!![/ame]

But I too prefer Batman's MV Agusta. Or I'll just take the BatCycle

The batcycle apparently wasn't just a model and CGI. It actually worked!

Fred

A

AJ_rider

But I too prefer Batman's MV Agusta. Or I'll just take the BatCycle

The batcycle apparently wasn't just a model and CGI. It actually worked!

Fred
LOL, make sure to keep that on the down low. Not exactly street legal. Althougth it would make commuting much more interesting. :rockon:

A

abacall

I think Kirks bike was meant to be a Rat Bike, beater. Nothing cool, just what a future POS bike would look like.
The Bat Cycle looks like it would totally SUCK to turn. Can you imagine what those tires would handle like? But the MV, :bow:

F

Fred

I think Kirks bike was meant to be a Rat Bike, beater. Nothing cool, just what a future POS bike would look like.
That makes perfect sense. First you see Kirk as a ten year old, being chased by a cop on a flying motorcycle.

Then you see him as an 18 year old, on a motorcycle that does not fly or look nearly as cool.

Since he's just an Iowa farm kid at this point, it makes sense that he wouldn't be riding the latest plastic fantastic.

Fred

A

AJ_rider

The Bat Cycle looks like it would totally SUCK to turn. Can you imagine what those tires would handle like? But the MV, :bow:

That does make sense, but doesnt the construction worker at the Enterprise say something like, "Nice bike' or something to that effect and then Kirk throws him the keys? Doesn't disprove your theory I guess, could just be the worker likes rat bikes.

A

AJ_rider

+1

I didnt get a chance to watch it earlier at work, but man that looks freakin slick! Who's modding thier Fizzer first??

A

abacall

That does make sense, but doesnt the construction worker at the Enterprise say something like, "Nice bike' or something to that effect and then Kirk throws him the keys? Doesn't disprove your theory I guess, could just be the worker likes rat bikes.
If you saw a vintage (say early 30's) POS that was completely outdated, but still running, what would you say? ;)

AngryAnt

I went into it assuming I would hate it, and came out really liking it. I'm an admitted Star Trek geek, and I thought it kept the same campyness of the original series. Yeah, some stuff is silly, but they're going off conventions that were made up on the 1960's for a show nobody thought would be successful...