Sport Tour: Interceptor vs Ninja 1000 vs Aprilia Mana

FastFreddy

This is the way I see it : (with added animal sounds)

CVT, hiss grrr, is anyone lobbying MC companies for this ? No, so why WHY ? Oh the pain, the pain. Could have saved 10-15 kg there. People in fact like sequential shifters, its fun.

over 200 kg, hiss, grrrr, spit, I couldn't imagine getting jiggy in the corners with any of these heavyweights, get them lighter I say rather than slapping on a few mod cons every couple of years.

10.92 129 mph, brr-meow, chirp chirp, dog panting sound, excellent Smithers.

FastFreddy

I'd be looking for something lighter myself. I like the Ninja 1000 up close, looks good. Honda, V4 good, old model, weight and undertail exhaust bad. CVT, that'd be the mark of the beast right there, hiss.

FastFreddy

I'm skeptical on the CVT, if in a few years time I hear there were no problems with it, then I'll stand corrected. Maybe its got a special coating ?

FastFreddy

You couldn't really call the Ninja 1000 a "middle weight" I suppose. You'd have to compare with the FJR1200 as well which is regarded as the best sports tourer.

I want more of the manufacturers than slapping out a few naked bikes every few months.

Personally, I'm looking for light weight for good cornering but also comfortable for long duration rides. (ie : release one of those naked bikes with a fairing and without extending the suspension to make it a pseudo adventure bike)

It's like they've got the naked and adventure rose coloured glasses on up in HQ for a few years now. Maybe the radiation is in the water now ?

I think I'll just get a riser kit for a CBR1000 for the next bike, nothing is grabbing me by the balls for the last few years.

Bert-Aus

Try looking at older bikes, the era of sport-tourers was more late 90's early noughties.
ATM everything being realeased for street seems either SS, naked or enduro/ tourer

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

ksanbon

You couldn't really call the Ninja 1000 a "middle weight" I suppose. You'd have to compare with the FJR1200 as well which is regarded as the best sports tourer.
I think they chose these bikes because they all have curb weights below 600 pounds and are priced competitively. The bike that I think should have been included is the BMW F800GT, even though it probably had no chance of winning.
The FJR1200 is probably a light-heaxy weight. In regards to the best current sport touring bike, it seems like the press is smitten w/ the new R1200RT.

Me thinks this line up was geared to ensure a victory for the Ninja
I thought the article was pretty objective with each tester giving their personal reasons for the choices they made. One of them picked the Interceptor. Everyone is different and we all buy based on our own preferences.

Personally, they're all too heavy for me. I'd be more into something about the same weight as the fz6r w/ a lower center of gravity and the power/torque of an 800.
Come on Yamaha - where's the fj-09?

latony007

I think they chose these bikes because they all have curb weights below 600 pounds and are priced competitively. The bike that I think should have been included is the BMW F800GT, even though it probably had no chance of winning.
The FJR1200 is probably a light-heaxy weight. In regards to the best current sport touring bike, it seems like the press is smitten w/ the new R1200RT.

I thought the article was pretty objective with each tester giving their personal reasons for the choices they made. One of them picked the Interceptor. Everyone is different and we all buy based on our own preferences.

Personally, they're all too heavy for me. I'd be more into something about the same weight as the fz6r w/ a lower center of gravity and the power/torque of an 800.
Come on Yamaha - where's the fj-09?
i was riding my nephews street triple for an extended period on sunday and i realized yet again what i like about fairings. Too much wind pushing you around. Plus the fairings just look better. The only faired bikes Yamaha is going to have left is the R1 and R6. Seems like if you can engineer all this sophisticated crap you could engineer one that you could sell with or without fairings. Maybe if they put one on the fZ09 it would keep the front on the ground a little :) I may have to look at kawi for my next bike i really like the look of the ninja 1k. the FJR is pretty cool too, it could replace both my bikes but im small and a little afraid of the weight/size. I am going to try and demo one at the show.