Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Where/how did you find this!?
I'm not sure what your asking. :confused:

I came across the spools while looking for aftermarket parts for the FZ6R/XJ6 since some parts are interchangeable. I ordered the spools (listed for the XJ6) and gave them a try. They worked and I couldn't be more pleased.

MikeN02

I'm not sure what your asking. :confused:

I came across the spools while looking for aftermarket parts for the FZ6R/XJ6 since some parts are interchangeable. I ordered the spools (listed for the XJ6) and gave them a try. They worked and I couldn't be more pleased.
Asking where you found that thread.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Asking where you found that thread.
I made it!! :p:p

Just do a quick search for "spools" and it's the 22nd thread from the top of the search page.

Brugge

I almost went that route because I thought it would be great to have the spools but when I looked closer at the product I came to the conclusion below:

They appear to me to work great if you are just wanting them for servicing your chain.......but if you need to remove your rear wheel I do not think they will allow that. It looks to me they are tied to the bracket that supports the axle so if you need to remove the wheel to change tires you will not have any support since when you remove the axle you remove that bracket but maybe I am mistaken. Does anyone here have any first hand experience with this?

I think that the spools would need to be mounted into the swing arm to allow the axle to be removed and the bike still supported. It works with the cheap Harbor Freight stand but it is not as elegant as having spools and a stand with spools forks for lifting.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I almost went that route because I thought it would be great to have the spools but when I looked closer at the product I came to the conclusion below:

They appear to me to work great if you are just wanting them for servicing your chain.......but if you need to remove your rear wheel I do not think they will allow that. It looks to me they are tied to the bracket that supports the axle so if you need to remove the wheel to change tires you will not have any support since when you remove the axle you remove that bracket but maybe I am mistaken. Does anyone here have any first hand experience with this?

I think that the spools would need to be mounted into the swing arm to allow the axle to be removed and the bike still supported. It works with the cheap Harbor Freight stand but it is not as elegant as having spools and a stand with spools forks for lifting.
You are correct. These are attached using the axle bolt. They are great for service and general maintainance. The less I have to lift from the swingarm, the fewer chances I have of scratching or damaging it. I lift by the swingarm when I need to remove the wheel.