South Carolina-Upstate/North Georgia/NC Tri-State area

garnetblack419

Just wondering if there were any riders in the area. PM me if you would like to meet up. I know of a bunch of good twisties in the upstate of SC and NC near Brevard and Cashiers.

bravozulu

New to the area

I just got stationed here in Fayetteville. I've been riding for about a year now and looking to meet up with experienced riders. Dragon's tail is a goal of mine while I'm here. Message me if you're in my neck of the woods.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Slick

I live in Franklin, and ride the Upstate of SC and NC and Georgia. Be glad to meet you for a ride. Maybe you can show me roads I haven't been on!

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Slick

Spent last weekend in Helen. Rode 526 miles Thursday-Sunday, went back on Tuesday for a short ride. Still, it would be great to meet up for a ride. I know a couple of good lunch spots worth the ride to!
-Slick

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Slick

I understand about long runs. I have done several 400 mile days, one trip took me from TN into Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, back into KY then back to TN. My longest trip this year was nearly 530 miles in two days (5.5 hours on day 1, 10 hours on day 2). Went from home to Erwin, TN, then through Roan Mountain State Park, down to Hwy 80 into Marion, NC, then south into SC, west to Hwy 28, north into NC via GA. Rode the Rattler (Hwy 209) on day 1.

Be happy to join you on a ride, just give me a shout!

-Slick

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Slick

Yesterday, I rode the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Foothills Parkway, the Dragon, and half the Moonshiner run (Hwy 28.) 190 miles. Could have used some company!

defiant26

I'm in Western, NC. Morganton to be exact. I'm off Wednesdays and Sat. Sun. I would love to meet up and ride just let me know. I also have a new baby boy at home. So, I would need some time to plan of-course. Went riding up around Boone and Grandfather Mtn. this past weekend. My buddies bike broke down and had to truck it home. We didn't start down the mountain until around 8 or so. 181 in the dark is interestingly fun.

defiant26

Has the rain stopped up your way Slick? Rode to work and I hope it moves out by 6. If not, I guess I'm getting wet. :D

Fizzer6R

I'm in Western, NC. Morganton to be exact. I'm off Wednesdays and Sat. Sun. I would love to meet up and ride just let me know. I also have a new baby boy at home. So, I would need some time to plan of-course. Went riding up around Boone and Grandfather Mtn. this past weekend. My buddies bike broke down and had to truck it home. We didn't start down the mountain until around 8 or so. 181 in the dark is interestingly fun.
haven't been this year yet/need to get up there - how's 181 these days for cops etc? has there been good gathering of people at the store on top? place changed owners to bike guys right

most of the time we've gone up 181 and then around other ways home to city... one time actually went back down via 181 and wow what a difference going the other way - felt like a runaway roller coaster! :eek:

defiant26

Haven't seen many state men around. There weren't a lot at the store on Friday but on Sunday there were a bunch. When we first pulled in there was no one there. Then we got some snacks and sat out on the picnic table and they started rolling in. I'm not sure if they are "bike guys". They do sell helmets and jackets in there though. Looks like it is an indian guy that runs it now. They got boiled peanuts in there though and will fix you some food if you want it. The store above it is now a BBQ place. They still sell gas but also sell BBQ out of it. The first one I talked about is the first store you come to going up the mountain on the left. Kind of up on a hill. The second is above it at the intersection.

Yea it's totally different from going up vs coming down. Fun either way though. Good way to get rid of those chicken strips.

Last edited:

defiant26

Anyone up for a ride tomorrow?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

buzzbomb

Elite Member

MrFrzZ

Bump for new guy

Hey all,
I just relocated to Greenville back in November and would like some sensible folk to ride with down here.

I made my way up Caesar's head highway, ridden Altamont Rd a few times (actually just drug my footpeg for the first time the other day. :/)

Doesnt matter who i ride with as long as you're not splitting traffic and being a general dbag. :D

Shoot me a PM!!!