Soupys Performance Lowering Link

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

SAFE-T

Something about those lowering link... Since the shock angle change (there's more to it then lowering the bike) The rising rate of the rear suspension will change. If you're 5'0"tall @ 95 lbs it might work in your advantage, but if you're 5'0" tall at 195 lbsthe bike might feel a bit softer... just wondering if anyone using those thing notice a difference? Maybe just using 1 upon the shock perch will fix the problem?
This has been discussed in other threads - no change that can be measured without the help of a professional suspension shop. I expect that for most riders at street speeds the slight change in geometry and it's effect on the shock's performance will be minimal.

I have a VFR800 with parts from a number of other bikes including CBR's, RC51's and a couple of Ducati's. I'm glad there are picky people out there that worry about this stuff, but I never let myself get too caught up in the data. Others had done similar mods before I did, and many more since. None of them are dead as a result as far as I can tell. I ride it. It works. Good enough for me.

:)

iSpoolin

Im still debating on lowering my bike :S

bigguybbr

Help me out here. What exactly is the reasoning behind lowering a bike?

Is it just to make it easier for someone who is vertically challenged?

Or is it sometimes just to take on a different appearance?

I'm 6'5" so I really have no need, I'm just curious as to why...

Thanks!

owldaddy

Help me out here. What exactly is the reasoning behind lowering a bike?

Is it just to make it easier for someone who is vertically challenged?
Yes. One reason I bought the 6R was because it fit me without modifying it.

SAFE-T

For anyone that ever wondered why someone would want to lower a bike, try this:

The next day you are out for a ride, put JUST your toes on the ground when you stop. You are not allowed to put your entire foot on the ground even if you feel like you are going to fall over, because if you were actually stopped on your toes and the bike was falling over the very last thing your brain will tell you to do is to lift your foot and re-position it. You can't roll the bike backwards, because you are too short and on your toes already. So you are just going to have to hold the weight of the bike up on your toes. And no 'balls of the feet' cheating, either. We're talking TIPPY TOES.

Good luck.

This should answer any 'why' questions.