So sad

Johnfz6r

I bought me bike on the 7th had to wait till wed to pick it up because of rain then I got to ride 2 days that week it was nice then rain on the weekend and 2 more days last week this last weekend got some good seat time in. Rode today and monday and now rain until monday.......
Good news is I have 350 and some odd miles so I am over half way through break in! I must say I was another one that was looking at the sv650 and the 650r and I am super happy with what I got!

Ooter

What is the brake in procedure for the bike? Sounds like 700 miles - how many rpms do they say to limit at?

Johnfz6r

first 600 miles "Do not go above 6000 rpm for an extended period" so i havent gone above 6000 rpm.....
Then oil change and check stuff then the book says dont go above 7k until after 1000 miles but the dealer ship says there good to go after the first 600.

Johnfz6r

ouch!
I have a hard time when its in the 40's there is no way I could ride in that with the wind chill it would be like -30 or worse!

K

kevlarian

I am suffering too...

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10WY3UUnnjw&fmt=18[/nomedia]

C

CanadianFZ6

first 600 miles "Do not go above 6000 rpm for an extended period" so i havent gone above 6000 rpm.....
Then oil change and check stuff then the book says dont go above 7k until after 1000 miles but the dealer ship says there good to go after the first 600.
Take to redline... it already has seen redline the second it rolled off the assembly line. Techs check the controls and engine for power output then pack it away in a crate. The key word in your statement is "prolonged", doesn't mean you can't go above 6000rpm... You need to go up and down the rev range to get everything mated and seated properly... It won't hurt the bike... trust me...

fstrthan_uthink

I'll just echo what CanadianFZ6 said. Keep the rpm's varied. The reason the book says 6000rpm is because that's when the FI starts to get serious. Get it above there though, I took my up to 8-9k the first day I got it and throughout break-in. 750 miles on it now and it's smoother than when it was brand new. Sportbike engines are "broken-in" hard from the factory.

uscgduncan

Yea...I don't even want to hear it. It's a warm sunny weekend in S. Alabama. I just brought my new FZ6R home from the dealer, a 43.8 mile ride, and when i get into the driveway I find a nail in my back tire :Flip:. So it's back to yamaha on wednesday to have a new tire installed....ouch, nothing like a long weekend, a brand new bike, and you can't even ride it. Got a great deal though on my trade in FZ6.

A

Andz

Don't replace it, is the nail in the tread? If so get it plugged from the inside. I have had a plug in my rear tyre for more than a year with zero problems.

It must be plugged from the inside though, it is like a giant thumbtack.

wrightme43

Admin of Socks & Puppets
Also change oil now. The first oil change interval is way way way to long. Its ready now. Your oil will look like a shiny silver and the filter will be full of shiny silver metal particles. Its time now.