Slip on exhaust

findmadhav

Hi All,

I just got a 2009 Yellow FZ6R. I was looking for a slip on exhaust coz I cant afford a full exhaust at the moment. I did checkout some local bike shops. They suggested Leo Vince and 2 Brothers slip ons which costs about 319 to 419 bucks. Will that do? Also I need to know whether slips ons are purely cosmetic or do they improve the sound (even if they do not give me more HP).
Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Also please let me know how much would it cost me the least?

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Our exhaust is a one piece system.. You cannot get a slip on for it. Well, I think one company makes just an exhaust "tip"... but that is it.

Deal with Marthy, he is a stand up guy and will make you very happy.

Many here mod their stock exhaust to get rid of the cats/muffler and add a slip-on. Or some get an older generation R6 header and with some very minor bending you can put that on with a slip-on.

Doing either of these methods IS like putting on a full system but for a fraction of the price.

Spunky99

Or some get an older generation R6 header and with some very minor bending you can put that on with a slip-on.
Minor bending? WTF......you mean major work to make some small bends.....LOL:D

JSP

Super Moderator

krzysiopl

So...Marthy..speaking of your exhaust solution...does it still throw flames like the Two Bros???

btastarsky

The best bet is my r6 header/viper race can build. $50 for an 1998-2005 header on ebay, $200 for a viper can at flyncycle.com. Then, take it to your local shop and have them use a torch to heat up the second set of "elbows" on the header and bend them 1/2 inch downard. Then attach your can, and secure it to the original muffler bracket with a peice of bar stock. Thats how my build went. Total for the system including labor: $350. Dont forget to get a fuel controller to add to your bike. Any system that removes the original muffler/catalytic converter will lean your afr out significantly. Easiest to use is the TB juicebox. I reccommend setting it to level 2 for each setting for 2-up riding or heavy throttle use.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

krzysiopl

Nop! Combine with the Marthy map, it leave them in the dust... lol:surrender:

Marty....but I like when something like this throws flames...it looks sick, heh, any way to make it throw flames??

justgiver

I say get the Marthy exhaust, all welded up, just bolt on and go for half the price of a TB and not a whole lot more than buying the parts and doing it yourself. I woulda went that route had I not purchased everything before.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

krzysiopl

lol, work on it...cuz i want that exhaust and those flames!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited: