Six day road trip round North of England

geko

Just returned from a six day road trip round the North of England. Did just under 1,000 miles with excellent weather and no rain :)

Had the first nights accommodation booked before we set of, but after that just booked it as we went. Took a Samsung N210 netbook with us which fits nicely in a Kriega US20 tailpack so were able to use free WiFi as we went to find and book accommodation online + the USB ports on the netbook meant we could charge camera, bluetooth headsets and GPS without taking lots of chargers with us.

We only had 2,600 miles of riding experience when we set off. As a new rider I thoroughly recommend doing something like this to boost your experience and skills on the bike.

Best holiday I've ever had (or at least can remember ;) )

Photos with captions here:

Pete Griffiths Homepage

Pete

Attachments

Last edited:

Heineken

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Great photos and a beautiful scenic trip!

geko

No rain?!?:confused: Are you sure you were in North England? :D

QUOTE]

I know, we couldn't believe our luck.

On the national news here today it said they're introducing a hose pipe ban in the north west because the reservoirs up there are running out of water :D

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

nortonator

That looked to be an amazing trip. I'll be in the UK soon, unfortunately without my bike, and i'd like to know where your pics were taken. Is pic four Hadrians wall, and where was pic five taken?

I'll be taking a week-long trip from Victoria to Jasper in the Rockies this summer, I'll be sure to take a few pics and post them here.

geko

That looked to be an amazing trip. I'll be in the UK soon, unfortunately without my bike, and i'd like to know where your pics were taken. Is pic four Hadrians wall, and where was pic five taken?

I'll be taking a week-long trip from Victoria to Jasper in the Rockies this summer, I'll be sure to take a few pics and post them here.
Pic 4 is taken on Hadrians wall at a place called Steel Rig (well about 1/2 mile east)

Steel Rigg Car Park - Hadrian's Wall Path - National Trails

Pic 5 is Lindisfarne Castle

National Trust | Lindisfarne Castle

Regards

Pete

WANDERER

Those pictures looks really nice, I hope someday I'll be able to see those places. If not, maybe in my next life...
I'll save this posting of yours in my bookmark..you never know what tomorrow brings.