Shout to Atlanta rider

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

RevUnlimiter

Wish I could help

I'm north of ATL, but I don't think I have enough driveway space for a 26 footer and a truck.

I'd love to join some folks for a ride, though!

What is The BRP? (I'm a newb)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sammy56

Blue Ridge Parkway... Smokey Mountain. I don't know much about the area, can tell much. Never been there and wanted to go last year but the wife got sick. Still sick but I'm sick too of not going. So that might be good therapy.

Thanks for the tough.

Motorcycle Touring - Blue Ridge Parkway
This might sound ridiculous, but there is a Church in Dunwoody that would probably accomodate your truck and trailer. Here is their website...it's just a phone call to ask. Safe neighbourhood.
St. Luke's Presbyterian Church
Dude, if you were coming to town this weekend, I am headed up to Tennesse for the weekend (overnight Saturday)...best roads in the South.
Anyway...great roads north of ATL too. If I am able to ride some when you are in town, I will drop a note on the forum.
Barry is usually up for rides....he should chime in on this post!

LB

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sammy56

Funny that you're saying that. Actually I find out today that the car need to be there before the 9th. Since I need to drive on Sunday to be there Monday... I'll drive Thursday and drive back Monday! How that work for you :)

Pm or email me your contact info. We'll plan to meet somewhere.

Do you think I can get room wherever? Not like its peak of the season...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Perfect.
We are staying Saturday night at:
Courtyard Knoxville Airport Alcoa
141 Furrow Way Alcoa Tennessee 37701 USA
Book a room there if they have one....or somewhere close by.
There is a show at "The Shed" in Maryville Saturday night....great place and should be a great show. Check out their website!
I'll follow up tomorrow or Thursday. Plan is to meet Saturday morning and ride up....great ride. Some of the best roads in the country....best in the South anyway. You'll get to ride "The Dragon"...other roads are better in my opinion, but "The Dragon" is the most famous. Last time I was there I rode it in a rain storm...hopefully dry this time.
Several of us riding and meeting others in Maryville, TN.
Ride more great roads on Sunday and ultimately back in Atlanta around dinner time.

LB

sammy56

Everyone on Harley's but us.....great folks.

LB

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sammy56

I hope your rain gear is in good order.....sure to get wet in the mountains!
Wouldn't be the same if we didn't.

LB

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sammy56

The weather was perfect and the Smokey Mountains were (and always are) some of the best riding around.
Thanks to Marty for riding at my pace (easy does it...)....although he did wheelie by me on the "Dragon"....that lasted only a few minutes as we came upon an 18 wheeler lost and stuck in roads he could barely move on.
Great weekend!

LB