Sena SMH10R Bluetooth Headset

Cerebus

I've been using this to listen to music through my iPhone for the last two days and I like it a lot. No buyer's remorse. I have been really surprised that I don't need to turn the volume up at all to hear it while riding. I set the volume to a "normal" level while I was sitting, helmet on, bike off. Figured that would be my base line. The most I have to bump it from there is one notch when I'm out on the highway. Riding in town, I don't have to turn it up beyond the base line at all. Doing a road trip this weekend, so I'll see what it's like with ear plugs in. The buttons are easy enough to manipulate with my current gloves. A thicker pair might cause an issue finding the middle button until you get used to them.

I have yet to use the intercom feature.

Motomama

I love my Sena SMH10R headsets too. I absolutely love.. Love.. Love riding with tunes. So easy to operates too. Just push and turn for all features. My husband and I are always sink together if are riding with each other. All of my riding friends have them too and we have a blast talking with each others. For safety, it's awesome. Whoever is riding first warn us if there are gravels or dangerous conditions ahead. Especially on blind turns and passing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Auricom22

How did the road trip go? I'm curious how the 10R's functionality played out. Playing one-handed charades at highway speeds got old so I just installed the SMH10-11 in a Bell RS1 and aside from a few cases of E.S.O. have been very pleased. I had passed on the 10R because while the unit is certainly slimmer than the 10-11, I liked the rocker dial vs. the low profile buttons on the 10R.

Cerebus

I still haven't used the intercom feature as no one I ride with has a headset. However, I use the Bluetooth connectivity to my iPhone pretty much every time I ride. It works great. I've taken a couple phone calls while out riding and the clarity if excellent. The party on the other end had no idea I was on my bike until I told them.

latony007

bluetooth

I love Bluetooth, I have a couple of helmets with it built in because it just seems like to much crap for the ones you have to install. At very cheap price you can get the VCAN 110 I think for around 100$. It has the blinc which works fantastic for music and GPS and not bad for phone calls but the helmet to helmet we have to be going really slow for it to work well but for $100 bucks It was well worth it, combined with one of the chargers that hooks to the battery tender cable I can listen to iheartradio or my own tunes all day long, and the girl will interrupt the songs to provide me directions and then its back to the songs. I also have the Hawk modular with Bluetooth but that one isn't as comfortable. they put the speakers in the straps and it makes it hurt after a while.

3leggeddog

Cable routing

Hopefully someone will see this. Got the SMH10R and am wondering how you routed the cables coming out of the control unit. I've got an Arai RX-Q and figured out a way to get the speakers mounted, but I just can't figure out a good way to route/hide the other cables.

Any help would be appreciated. As would pictures, diagrams, Visio drawings, Youtube videos, or whatever. :surrender:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Cerebus

Hopefully someone will see this. Got the SMH10R and am wondering how you routed the cables coming out of the control unit. I've got an Arai RX-Q and figured out a way to get the speakers mounted, but I just can't figure out a good way to route/hide the other cables.

Any help would be appreciated. As would pictures, diagrams, Visio drawings, Youtube videos, or whatever. :surrender:

I've got a Signet Q. I just came straight down from the controller, then immediately tucked everything under the padding inside the helmet. Haven't had any issues with it. I'd snap a pic, but it's off the helmet right now on a charger for the winter.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member
Last edited:

Bert-Aus

My brother bought a dual pack of SMH10's and most generously gave me one headset! We had fun testing them around the house today, like 2 kids with walky-talkies.
I am impressed how they remember the different volume settings for each paired device/ intercom.
Now I cant wait to test them on the road

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

VRIIClubby

even with the new one coming out in the next couple of months im going to order one this week, cant wait, will just be easier riding to work rather than worrying about my earbuds that have served me quite well thus far!

Bert-Aus

I previously had a DIY headset setup with fairly loud headphone speakers, that I got from BigW for $10. It served me well and I would have kept it going had my brother not got the SMH10 for me.
However the volume difference is HUGE, the SMH10 can be clearly heard above road/ wind noise and with earplugs in.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

VRIIClubby

YAY, MINE ARRIVED TODAY!

WOW, its awesome, cant believe how loud it actually goes, clarity is ok, Bluetooth phonecalls are great but really strange having a convo with your helmet on!

the jog dial is a little overwhelming to begin with, but it will become so much more intuitive with more use, I use the iPhone so having Siri there is unreal, just got to change a few names etc in my phonebook so she/me doesn't confused with names.

I also ordered the ear bud adaptor to give me a little more flexibility on the longer rides like noise cancelling etc,

overall its everything I wanted / expected and probably a little more! easy to install, the instructions are easy & pretty straight forward, also updated the firmware and that was pretty straight forward.

one question, how do you call your "fav" numbers that you have installed into the headset?

10/10