selling my tail fairings with bolts and plastic rivets

Ravenfizzer

Hey heyy I need lower tank panels for my bike and am using a hard time finding anything would you happen to know where to find any or have some spares? I didn't know owning a fizzer would mean treasure hunting haha I'm attaching pics of my bike nevermore and it's plane to see she needs new tank panels instead of these Freddy skin faces haha

Attachments

Jerzee55

Currently two 'right side' panels for the fuel tank on Ebay, and a tank with decent side panels for sale you could pull them from, and resell the tank... if you want used. If you want new, they are available at Partzilla, and you will pay more that the price of that tank for the parts... about $55 each for the side panels, and $23 each for the 'sticky tape' to fasten them to the tank... Not sure why you are having a hard time locating parts?

Ravenfizzer

Currently two 'right side' panels for the fuel tank on Ebay, and a tank with decent side panels for sale you could pull them from, and resell the tank... if you want used. If you want new, they are available at Partzilla, and you will pay more that the price of that tank for the parts... about $55 each for the side panels, and $23 each for the 'sticky tape' to fasten them to the tank... Not sure why you are having a hard time locating parts?
On partzilla they were out until I checked again today now they have an estimate on when they're getting some in but I was checking on ebay and misc sites for the past week and couldn't find anything in stock for those panels besides the tank on ebay you speak of, I appreciate the reply tho! I've been at work so I didn't have a chance to get back to this post to say I saw them on partzilla earlier

speed19

i do have them and they are off the tank i might keep those

i seen your bike on the fb market before, if it's cool to ask how much did you pay for the bike?

Ravenfizzer

Okay no worries im just gonna buy them oem, I wasnt sure if they were plastics or painted like the tank this is my first time really paying attention to the fz6r. And oh shit really? What part of the country you in?? And I got a pretty good deal on it I think, the asking price was 4995.00 but with interest of course over the payment period, I'm financing it to raise my credit so it's easier for me to get a brand new bike, I figure I'll make payments for a year then pay it off and hop onto a new one

Ravenfizzer

i'm in arkansas, yeah i was asking cuzz i wasn't sure what people are paying for these bikes now. going to post my bike for sale later
Hell yeah man def Kelly blue book the Vin number to get a value on it. I valued mine before I ever even bought it on the test ride I went right to yamaha and had a guy look it over then valued it online and it said 6.5 roughly somewhere in there give or take so I thought I had a good deal. Since I've gotten it I've bought all the oem pieces needed to bring it back to factory damn near pristine condition. I'm trying to get a higher resale value even with the mods I'm going for. Good luck on getting your worth for the bike man! What you getting next? Or you not getting another bike?

speed19

Hell yeah man def Kelly blue book the Vin number to get a value on it. I valued mine before I ever even bought it on the test ride I went right to yamaha and had a guy look it over then valued it online and it said 6.5 roughly somewhere in there give or take so I thought I had a good deal. Since I've gotten it I've bought all the oem pieces needed to bring it back to factory damn near pristine condition. I'm trying to get a higher resale value even with the mods I'm going for. Good luck on getting your worth for the bike man! What you getting next? Or you not getting another bike?
Going to be riding bro, my fz6r is a stunt bike has all the stunt parts on it. i'm trying learn wheelies on something more crash friendly like a dirt bike or might get a honda grom. i got a 09 honda cbr600rr with risers on it more upright sitting position then stock, it's going to be a stunt bike too

Ravenfizzer

Going to be riding bro, my fz6r is a stunt bike has all the stunt parts on it. i'm trying learn wheelies on something more crash friendly like a dirt bike or might get a honda grom. i got a 09 honda cbr600rr with risers on it more upright sitting position then stock, it's going to be a stunt bike too
Oh shid were you able to find a stunt cage and underframe for the fz6r?? I haven't found anyone who has or is willing to make em. I've found sliders for sure but no stunt cages which is kinda sad lol

speed19

Oh shid were you able to find a stunt cage and underframe for the fz6r?? I haven't found anyone who has or is willing to make em. I've found sliders for sure but no stunt cages which is kinda sad lol
yeah the stunt cage only fit on a no fairing style fz6r or xj6.. if you google xj6 crazyiron you'll see it. theres two styles a pro and damper

Ravenfizzer

yeah the stunt cage only fit on a no fairing style fz6r or xj6.. if you google xj6 crazyiron you'll see it. theres two styles a pro and damper
Ah that makes sense yah I'm partial to the full fairing style but tbh I'm good wit body work so I may see if they can be cut out and mounted.

Also going back to the very first of my comments, it seems the freakin parts I wanted are on backorder for months so once again we're back to square one. I placed my order with partzilla when they said they were in stock and checked the next day and them shits have no estimate on availability so I'm thinking about cancelling the order smh 6 parts ordered only 1 available

speed19

Ah that makes sense yah I'm partial to the full fairing style but tbh I'm good wit body work so I may see if they can be cut out and mounted.

Also going back to the very first of my comments, it seems the freakin parts I wanted are on backorder for months so once again we're back to square one. I placed my order with partzilla when they said they were in stock and checked the next day and them shits have no estimate on availability so I'm thinking about cancelling the order smh 6 parts ordered only 1 available
oh damn.. did you already remove the freddy faces cover? is there no tank plastic on there at all?

Ravenfizzer

oh damn.. did you already remove the freddy faces cover? is there no tank plastic on there at all?
Nah I haven't removed them yet I pulled it back on one side and they're just glued on with like a silicon type glue soooo I'm thinking about stripping them off sanding em down (they're an ugly ass faded orange lookin color underneath) and painting them myself. That's what I do for a living is resurfacing I paint cabinets and countertops and such with the same paint sprayers used for cars. I just didn't want to have to do that when 100 bucks would bring them back to factory. I'm eventually going to buy some new fairings and paint them and the back rim chameleon anyway

speed19

Nah I haven't removed them yet I pulled it back on one side and they're just glued on with like a silicon type glue soooo I'm thinking about stripping them off sanding em down (they're an ugly ass faded orange lookin color underneath) and painting them myself. That's what I do for a living is resurfacing I paint cabinets and countertops and such with the same paint sprayers used for cars. I just didn't want to have to do that when 100 bucks would bring them back to factory. I'm eventually going to buy some new fairings and paint them and the back rim chameleon anyway
cool man, i ride without the side piece on... it doesn't bother me

Ravenfizzer

cool man, i ride without the side piece on... it doesn't bother me
Hell yah I thought about doin that too honestly i just wasn't sure how it looked without it. I'm bettin it may even feel better leg position wise too make the tank a bit slimmer