Scorpio Alarm Anti-Hijack

kurtsanders

:surrender: I installed all the Scorpio SRi-900 alarm and accessories (eg. perimeter, builtin shock and tilt sensor) of this high tech alarm. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out where to install the Anti-Hijack wires? Has anyone installed an Anti-Hijack alarm system on the FZ6R and can post some helpful pictures or detailed instructions where it interfaced.

I am looking for a single wire to cut and simply splice this two wire unit between. Seems straight forward in their online manual, but I am scared to cut electrical engine wires looking for the right one that will cause the FZ6R to cut out.

So, I would appreciate anyones constructive help, and I am hoping that I can find a basic wire under the seat to complete this install.

Last edited:

kurtsanders

Stolen

:mad:Quick update. My bike was stolen (second time) at 5am today (4 weeks to the purchase date), alarm went off, screaming, I could see it from the 5th floor of my apartment, by the time I raced downstairs, 3 criminals lifted it into a van, and raced off. No one in Chicago downtown even cared that it was suspicious, that the bike was crying, and now I am left with pursuing insurance claim 2x. Chicago is nothing but a pit of thieves and the police are unwilling to pursue non violent crimes. They write up paperwork and file it.

Bottom line: There isn't a theft deterrent system out there that can stop these semi-professionals when they can rip off a bike in less than 5 minutes, cover and all. Best solution, pay for garage parking, which will cost me $100 per month and higher comprehensive since I have been a victim.

Lo-Jack, disk locks, large cables all are easily defeatable and only annoy the kids, and joy riders. Professionals hunt down the cycles, stalk the situation, pull up, muscle it to the truck or van, and speed off. They dispose of the cycle for $1,000 and let the chop shops have at the defenseless cycle. The disposition is a metal shipping container, or pieces like engine, wheels, and accessories.

Last edited:

FitZ6R

Wow, that's just terrible. :mad:

I picked up my FZ6R last night, and I was going to look at the wiring to see if I could answer your question. Guess it wouldn't have mattered.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Holy crap! :eek:

I am terribly sorry for your loss. I hope that they can either recover the bike in one piece or that the insurance company covers it fully.

I cannot stand thieves! :rant: My hate for thieves is even greater than my loathing of the Duggars family and their soon-to-be 19 kids!

zig308

Wow... that totally sucks :( Sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine how I would feel having lost my new baby.

Seems like lots of thieves coming from Chicago these days...

zig308

When you get a new one or get that one back... do you have something you could chain it to? I had a friend that got the biggest chain he could buy and chained his ATV to a large tree in the back of his townhouse.

Alarms, as you've found out don't seem to faze people these days. People don't even check things out and try to get a license plate # or anything.

In your case, I'd go for Lo-Jack for a bike and a very large chain or wheel "boot".

kurtsanders

Advice to those living in the Big Cities

When professional criminals want your bike, and it is in plain sight, they need only 5 mins to scope the situation, position the van, jump out and lift the bike into the back, closeup and depart. Bike locks are just another 30 seconds, as they have large bolt cutters and freon spray/hammer. Disc locks are not a deterrent. The alarm will go off, and everyone carries on like it is a false alarm, or does not want to write down a license plate.

Lo-jack, in my opinion, is not going to work when they have your bike inside a metal van, and then drop it off to the remote dismantling center. The lo-jack mechanic might be able to hide the lo-jack device, but the same criminal knows all the possible locations and can easily follow the lead wire from the battery which is needed to charge to lo-jack device. By the time the cops take down all the information at the crime scene, get back to the station, activate the lo-jack, the lo-jack receives an alerts signal to start it's beacon, the criminals have this bike lo-jack disarmed. Even then, only lo-jack equipped police cars can detect a lo-jack device, if & when they accidentally come in proximity to the cycle. Lo-Jack will only work on the non professionals, joy riding it around the city. :rant:

The City Police do not want to get involved in any MC thefts, due to the high risk of being shot, and the fact that these gangs are never ending, and police regard this as a victimless crime. The police are incorrect as this cost me $1,200 dollars in non reimbursed expenses (ie. depreciation, tax, shipping, assembly, accessories, etc). I understand their priorities with murders, rapes, writing traffic tickets, etc... so the best advice, is to keep the cycle out of plain sight (garage it, and park it where it can be watched). I would not advise anyone to confront the criminals for a cycle, it is not worth the risk of being shot, or beat up, and told that they will kill you if you ever talk.

Welcome to the City... Hello Suburbs :surrender: