San Diego Sportbike Meetup Group

JonKerr

Elite Member

dtrey28

I will definitely be getting involved when I move out there in July. I have been checking out the forums - there is some good info there. Looking forward to some good rides this summer.

JonKerr

Elite Member

SDGunfighter

Well, I thought I toss this out there. I've recruited a couple of guys on here to come join us.

I'm an Assistant Organizer for San Diego Sportbike Meetup Group. We are a group of riders in the San Diego/Temecula area who get together for various motorcycle related activities. Normally they're group rides ranging from 100 bike rides to Borrego Springs to 5 or 6 rider groups carving canyons and everything in between. All skill levels are welcome. We have a lot of new riders coming in all the time. We have over 900 members. (About 250-300 are currently active) We put on group rides, RIDING CLINICS, track days, bike nights, etc... We have local sponsors who offer group discounts. Just go to San Diego Sportbike Meetup Group and sign up. You'll create a profile on Meetup.com that you can use for any other Meetup groups. We have our calender where you'll be able to see what events are going on and RSVP to them. We have a discussion forum similar to what we have here where you can ask questions, find local contacts for parts and deals etc...

I've met some good friends in the last 6 months riding with these guys and girls. I've learned a lot from them and continue to learn from them. If anyone is interested, just go to the site. Send me a message on there if you sign up so I know you're on there. Maybe I'll setup an FZ6R only ride. :D We had 3 of them on the Borrego ride from last month and 3 on a ride I held a few weeks ago.

Hope to see anyone from around here on there.
I know this is a way old thread but since the pacific forum is fairly small(compared to main forum) I thought I would just reply to bump up rather than start fresh.

Anyhow, I am a new rider living in Eastlake. I have mainly be crushing and practicing to get a feel for this bike and I suppose when I am more comfortable can head on over the 94 (which is very close for me since I live right off Olympic). Don't get me wrong I can ride lol I just don't haul much *** or lean very hard as I just enjoy the ride.

With that out of the way I am wondering if there are any FZ6R meets. I ask because I would like to learn more about this bike from local owners so I can properly care and tune. But either way I will have to attended the SD Meetup too. Maybe cruise there with another SD member.

Thanks in advance.

latony007

I will definitely be getting involved when I move out there in July. I have been checking out the forums - there is some good info there. Looking forward to some good rides this summer.
I don't know where you have spent your life but if your moving from Denver to San Diego you are going to cream your pants and there will be no going back. LOL

wish I was close enough id love some Jon Kerr lessons! :D

JonKerr

Elite Member

SDGunfighter

Lol. Im happy to meet with some newer riders in the area.

I should update this thread. Things have changed A LOT with that group. Im no longer a member. That group turned very dangerous. I wont write out all the issues on here. But if you'd like some details, PM me and I'd be happy to discuss. But I would not suggest joining that group for much more than maybe a bike night or something.

I'm far from a professional rider. But if any San Diego riders would like to meet up and go for a ride, maybe a suggestion here and there, I'd be more than happy to do that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Understandable. I'll pm you.

Also since we're local. Anyone here have a spare(or know the size) of the bolt that is on the lower fork/mount/clamp thingy lol. Sorry I don't know the terminology too well yet. But the reason I need one is because I lowered the front a little and noticed that screw was stripped to begin with! WTH!!! So I guess it's a good thing I did this something scary could have happened!

-Chris

JonKerr

Elite Member