RIP Jon

Roaddawg

A good friend of mine just passed away this evening after being involved in an accident while riding his motorcycle home from work. He was westbound on two-lane highway when an eastbound truck suddenly turned left in front of him. He clipped the rear of the truck and was ejected from his bike. He was then thrown into the front of a Honda, also traveling eastbound, where he was killed instantly.

He's been riding, dirt and road, for a long time and has had many motorcycles. He rides almost everyday and loves his bikes. He was a great guy, who I have trusted with my life on more than one occasion. He's THAT GUY that you want coming to help you out when your getting your ass kicked. He will be truly missed.

My motto has always been, "Ride like everyone out there is trying to kill you!" That's how I ride....not paranoid, but always ready for that one person that's trying to kill you. Sounds a little morbid, but its what will keep you alive to ride another day.

Please ride safe.

Here's the most current local article:
http://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/off-duty-chp-officer-dies-in-motorcycle-crash/article_146906c6-4686-11e2-b87b-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/fairfield/off-duty-chp-officer-killed-on-highway-12/

Last edited:

DakinechicK

So sorry to hear! :( I hope and pray you can find peace with such a tragedy of your dear friend.

HuGs!! xoxo

RoadTrip

Sorry to hear that news, wish these things were not a part of motorcycling, proves that we are all vunerable out there regardless of experience level.

BKP

Sorry for the loss if your friend... Hate to hear these things...

Be careful... and wary... out there...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Detrich