Riding Gear

SLC

I wear an ICON Hooligan mesh jacket, HJC full-face helmet, and Joe Rocket gloves.

My wife has an S&S jacket, Icon gloves, and an HJC full-face helmet as well.

Getting Sartso killer kevlar jeans is the next investment.

Newmason

I just picked up a Cortech GX Sport Series 2 Jacket yesterday from sporttour.com and a full face hjc cl-15 helmet. Going to have to get the zip in pants asap!

MikeN02

I just got the Icon Field Aromor vest. Thing is sick if you're not the jacket type like me.
I'm not a jacket type but when I went down it changed my type because it's only a vest that barely covers your front and just covers your spine, I had road rash on my arm.

Still wear my vest underneath my jacket.

bjpinub

I just picked up a Cortech GX Sport Series 2 Jacket yesterday from sporttour.com and a full face hjc cl-15 helmet. Going to have to get the zip in pants asap!
I as well picked up my Cortech GX Sport Series 2 jacket from Cycle Gear on 3-3-2010. Even though I haven't rode with it yet, I found out it is a really comfortable jacket. Additionally, I am looking for some riding pants which provide more protection than my work khakis. If you find any decent pants, please keep me informed as I may have to look into getting me a pair as well.

Newmason

Sounds good. I rode 30 miles yesterday with my new jacket on in the low 40's and didnt get cold! Works awesome. Im going to check out some pants either today or tomorrow down at my local shop

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
For you two guys looking for pants, check these pants out. They are the ones I wear. Excellent protection, VERY warm, even without the liner. I've ridden in sub-freezing temps with these pants and have actually sweat! :thumbup: They also have the zipper in back to match up to your new jacket. ;)

Tour Master Caliber Textile Motorcycle Overpants :: New Enough

Newmason

Those are the pants my dad wears and the ones I was going to get this weekend! He said the same thing, sometimes he just wears the pants with nothing under them except his boxers. Said they are excellent all year round pants! :wav:

bjpinub

For you two guys looking for pants, check these pants out. They are the ones I wear. Excellent protection, VERY warm, even without the liner. I've ridden in sub-freezing temps with these pants and have actually sweat! :thumbup: They also have the zipper in back to match up to your new jacket. ;)

Tour Master Caliber Textile Motorcycle Overpants :: New Enough
Thanks for the information. To be honest, I think I recall looking at those online, but wasn't sure about them. Are they fairly comfortable? I assume they can be worn over other pants, such as my work clothes? How are they sized? I mean, if you wear a 36 pant, do you have to go one size up, or are the sizes designed to take into consideration of being worn over other pants?

bjpinub

On a side note...

Why is a thumbs down being displayed in the title when I reply/quote messages?

Heineken

Elite Member

Roaddawg

Thanks for the information. To be honest, I think I recall looking at those online, but wasn't sure about them. Are they fairly comfortable? I assume they can be worn over other pants, such as my work clothes? How are they sized? I mean, if you wear a 36 pant, do you have to go one size up, or are the sizes designed to take into consideration of being worn over other pants?
I agree with Vengeur as well. I have the same pants and they are good. I wear 36 as well and got the XL (36-38) size. Honsetly, I would go up one size to give some room to grow, because they are a little too snug in the waist. Also, I have a 35 inseam and wish I would have gotten the "long" ones as well, but they work. I like the fact they zip to my jacket too. They are comfortable and I wear my jeans under them all the time, sometimes longjohns as well. I have yet to use them with the liner because they have been warm enough. Also, in the summer, I sometimes wear them but once it gets about 85 or so, they start getting too warm if your not moving. I definetly recommend them.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
They are quite comfortable. Yes, they are overpants. They are a little baggy when worn with just underwear or boxers, but fit tighter when worn over jeans, khakis, etc. The sizing is pretty true. I have a 32 waist and ordered the medium and it fits perfectly. They are going to look like snow pants when you wear them because all the padding, protection and material. But that's normal for overpants.

bjpinub

Because on that previews post you selected from the "Post Icons" box the thumb down :)) See :thumbdown: In "Smiles" box, and above .....
Thanks for the insight. I don't remember clicking any other options, other than Quote, typing my message, and then clicking the Submit Reply button. Maybe I accidentally hit a button on my mouse which selected an icon before I clicked the submit button. Who knows. Sorry for any confusion.

MikeN02

I was thinking about getting pants, but thanks for the link! I'll be getting these.

The only thing that was stopping me was I didn't want to wear the same pants all the time since I rode 24/7.

Detrich

i bought a pair of "riding jeans," which have some kevlar lining... but, it doesn't seem to do much. plus my legs are cold riding at night. do they make riding jeans that offer good protection, or do u have to go leather with this stuff? i don't wanna look like a power ranger, but seems like there's no way around it... :lol: :sigh:

JonKerr

Elite Member

Roaddawg

i bought a pair of "riding jeans," which have some kevlar lining... but, it doesn't seem to do much. plus my legs are cold riding at night. do they make riding jeans that offer good protection, or do u have to go leather with this stuff? i don't wanna look like a power ranger, but seems like there's no way around it... :lol: :sigh:
I bought some jeans from leatherup.com that have removable knee pads in them and that's about the best I've been able to find for protection when it comes to jeans. You'd have to go the route Jonkerr does in order to still look 'cool' in your jeans. :D

husker525

Joe Rocket Blaster 4.0 Jacket= $169.00
Coretech Gloves with hardened knuckles=$25.00
AlpineStar boots= (freebie, sponsorship)
Arai Helmet= (freebie, sponsorship)
Maximum protection+ Comfort=Priceless.......