Removing Triple Clamp

NCGiant

Has anyone replaced their's? Someone tried stealing my bike a while back and I ordered a new one but haven't bothered to put it on yet. How difficult is it to swap out, and is there any reason I cant leave everything attached to the handlebar when I do it?

GDjWB65.jpg

BluePill

Pretty simple job. Yes, you can leave all the switches, cables, etc. on the handle bar. Cover the windshield and front plastics with a good cover (old comforter or blanket works well), unbolt the handlebars from their clamps, move the assembly forward and carefully secure it with tape, bungee cords, etc.

Recommend that you lift the front wheel off the ground a bit so the fork tubes will line up when you re-assemble.

Last edited:

NCGiant

Does anyone know the part number for the ring that fills the gap between the upper triple clamp and the ignition cylinder?

Just_Jim

Does anyone know the part number for the ring that fills the gap between the upper triple clamp and the ignition cylinder?
Look on bikebandit.com. They have parts diagrams and list all the part numbers for OEM parts. Plus they have some of the best prices on OEM pats.