Status
Not open for further replies.

FitZ6R

i uSe 108 ocktane left over from my meth lab

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FitZ6R

this is one of those endless threads... I might have to go and delete all of the fuel threads and start a new one, just for kicks! :admin:
*** ibtl! ***

Attachments

cobra94563

I use reg unleaded. I don't notice any diff and even if there was, any fractional improvement it's not worth it to me. (Otherwise, I would be looking buy a faster bike. :cool:)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

not my sticky marthy!!!!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

the_cr

The difference is all in the Butt Dyno. Some people may "feel" a difference but for average riding there is going to be very little difference in performance as well as in mileage. Certainly doesn't make enough difference to pay extra.

Also if you are at a pump that serves the multiple octanes, I believe the first half gallon or so still contains whatever fuel was pumped last.

Someone else may know more about this

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

xvw666

dont be cheap! PREMIUM IS WAY BETTER FOR PERFORMANCE ENGINES!

Hellgate

JSP

Super Moderator
dont be cheap! PREMIUM IS WAY BETTER FOR PERFORMANCE ENGINES!
Premium does nothing for an engine not designed to run on it...

Unless your engine calls for premium or your engine is "pre-igniting" then you do not need it and it will do nothing for you. It may cause you more issue than any help. It takes more to ignite premium rather than regular. The AKI (anti knock index) is what the 87-89-91 or 93 numbers are. The higher the number (premium) the hotter it is needed to ignite the fuel. So very cold days it can be hard to ignite premium if your engine is not designed to run off of it.

Pre-ignition is when the gas in the cylinder is igniting before the spark plug was meant to ignite it. This counteracts the stroke of the pistons and is causing the engine to work against itself.

So unless you have pre-ignition knocking, or your manual calls specifically for premium, you are doing absolutely nothing for the bike. Just emptying your wallet and sending more unnecessary profits to the oil companies.

Last edited:

keithsworlds

I always shoot for the prem. but once in the habit of work and car that use regular i put it in my bike .... it seemed to have less power so at half a tank i mixed in some good old prem and been using it ever since. I pay 11-15 dollars to fill it up and get 150 miles on a tank so its not that bad!

6R Blackout

Premium & Ethanol free, always!
But that's just me.:noworries:

amg14

always done middle grade which is usually 89 or 91 in michigan depending on what the gas station has. never had a problem since i got the bike new, with zero miles on it. i have a little over 4k now.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member
Status
Not open for further replies.