recommended Top Cases

Love Enigma

Hello ladies and gents,
I am currently in the market for a top case for my fz6r. Hopefully one that replace my rear seat, but not required. I would like one that would fit my helmet and that is relatively cheap (student tired of carrying her jacket and helmet).

I've read a few posts on the matter, but most I've found are older posts with dead links. Ideas?

Thanks! I appreciate your feedback. =]

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

flyingminno

Well back when I had my 6R, I started rocking a top box early on for those very same reasons.

I bought a rear rack and top case from TwistedThrottle, because they were the cheapest on the market in 2010 when I bought mine.

I do believe they still sell the rack here

Unfortunately the box I purchased, the V36 which fit my XL sized helmet, is too expensive now that it comes with all the electronic goodies. They do offer a student price alternative here, but I'm not sure if it will fit a helmet. That's something you would want to call and ask about.

gado

I have the Givi e300. Bought it here Givi Monolock E300 Tour Top Case - Motorcycle Superstore
It fits my helmet size medium or large, I cant seem to find the label that has the size. :confused:
3 issues I have with the case:
1. You need the key to lock the case. It acts like a dead bolt, you need to key to lock and unlock it. I wish it was similar to a keyed padlock where you can unlock the padlock with a turn of the key and it is no longer needed to lock the padlock, you just push it locked.
2. You have to center the latch in order to close the case. If you don't center the latch, the latch blocks the top half from closing.
3. There is no seal between the two halves. Since I ride in any weather I think this is an important thing to have. I have ridden twice in lighter rain and the insides of the case were dry. We will see if it is needed when I encounter something like this again,
Are Kriega bags water resistant? - YouTube

Y

yellowfz

Got one of the top cases off Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-LARGE-BLACK-MOTORCYCLE-SCOOTER-TOURING-TRUNK-TOP-CASE-BRACKET-TO-FIT-2-HELMETS-/380629937878?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item589f4feed6&vxp=mtr that fits 2 helmets no problem fitting helmet, made a partition with plexiglass so able to carry things in other side.
Made rack myself from pipe and bar stock.
Had it for a couple years, still doing fine, no seal between halves but have ridden in several downpours and no water got into the case.

Can you guys post the part numbers of everything needed to mount your cases. It seems no one likes to tell you what all you need for brackets, mounts, and which case fits what. Or, what pieces of the puzzle come with each component. Does the mount for the case come with the brackets specific to the bike, or with the case, or as a separate item, etc?

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Can you guys post the part numbers of everything needed to mount your cases. It seems no one likes to tell you what all you need for brackets, mounts, and which case fits what. Or, what pieces of the puzzle come with each component. Does the mount for the case come with the brackets specific to the bike, or with the case, or as a separate item, etc?
Ebay case comes with mounting plate, I made a rack so no part number.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member