Recommendation for good mesh gloves for vibration?

tho9504

Do you guys/girls have any recommendation for a good summer pair of gloves which also helps with vibration issues. i notice that when i ride on highway, after 10-15 miles riding, my right hand becomes numb. i wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and what was done to remedy the issue. i am thinking of maybe switching my gloves but not sure what to get. i dont want anything too big. lightweight gloves with good protection and good dexterity.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

tho9504

Thanks guys... Good advise. I also ordered new hand grips (ProGrips Open end Gel) to change out the stock one. should help with the vibration since it's gel.

BluePill

I tried gel gloves. They helped a bit, but I wanted more. I filled the inside of the handlebars with BBs to increase the mass, and it made quite a difference.

Let us know how you feel about the grips.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

tho9504

Yup, i messed up as usually. When i was trying to pull out old grips, i placed a wrench in between the control switch and throttle to pry it out. then i noticed that my throttle and control (starter/kill switch body) spins with the throttle. after checking for what went wrong, i realized there is a little nipple that goes into the handlebar which broke off. i tried to tighten the controls much as possible by still spins around with slight force. definitely will not be able to ride around with it. i tried supergluing the small nipple to the plastic tab inside the control but it did not work out for me. i finally gave up and just ordered a used control unit from ebay since i couldnt find the small part that's inside the control with the nipple.

On the lighter note, i was able to put the new grips on using hairspray but have to wait till 03/22 (a week from now) to get the part i need to put it all back together.

i cut the old grips off with a knife to put the news one. i should've done that in the 1st place instead of placing the wrench in between.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

tho9504

Hey Marthy,
Since you are the go to guy for everthing FZ6R, can you help me out?
When i trying to take of my grips, i used a wrench to pry it out against my right handlebar control (starter/kill switch housing). The little nipple inside the house that secures to the handle bar broken of. I got a replacement housing, but now i am not sure which way the cable is supposed to be sitting. Are the slots where both cables go inside the house facing up or down? Its on the throttle inside the housing where the throttle cable goes into. I forgot the take pics where i took it off and now i am not sure if those slots should be facing down inside the house or facing up?

Thanks in advance..

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

tho9504

Thanks for the quick reply... i have the service manual, but unfortunately, it does not show inside the starter housing how the cables are routed. The whole housing is sold as a unit and you cannot buy the little plastic tab with the nipple that goes inside. anyway, i am going to return the one i purchased because it had the nipple missing as well. I was able to put a small nail in the middle of the plastic tab and use plastic bonding glue to build up the "nipple" around the small nail. it fits perfectly.
i put it together. one thing I noticed is that the throttle is very responsive now. a slight touch and the rpm races up. when i put it up on my rear stand and dropped it to 1st gear, my tire started to spin even with clutch fully pulled in with no throttle moving at 7 mph (11 kph). i tried to stop it with my feet with no luck. but when the bike is on the ground it does not move till the clutch is release 1/4 way. i dont know if my throttle is slightly stuck or i am just paranoid. this is the 1st time starting her up after the winter, maybe i gotta get used to the throttle after the winter break. My RPM was idling around 1200-1300, which is normal i believe.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member