Rear spool

dmjones9987

The T-Rex spools are out of stock. Does anyone have any they would like to sell? I’ve done lots of research for adding spools to the rear and trying to avoid drilling into the swingarm. If anyone has thoughts please share.

MrFrzZ

The T-Rex spools are out of stock. Does anyone have any they would like to sell? I’ve done lots of research for adding spools to the rear and trying to avoid drilling into the swingarm. If anyone has thoughts please share.

Send them an email. I emailed them to see when/ if they were going to be on the production list and they actually found a set in the warehouse. They may have more. I think the fella's name was Rueben.

sti491

I found mine on E-bay, just slightly used. The first time you use them the spool scratches anyway. I thought they stopped making them. They work great.

dmjones9987

The folks at T-Rex responded and stated that the spool adapters are in rotation of manufacturing and should be available in 4-5 weeks. At this point I’m leaning towards drilling/tapping the swing arm and installing 6mm spools.

MrFrzZ

Has anyone here done the drill and tap?
What position did you drill the hole?
Any structural / load bearing issues?
not done it myself, but as long as you dont drill a massive hole, I'd imagine it would be just fine. Its a big ole hunk of steel anyway. ;)

As far as the mounting location, cater your spot to the left side of the bike as this is where your chain, sprocket, and guides all reside. You have more options to locate if drilling and tapping as opposed to the T-Rex Clamp on spools anyway. Mine are mounted about 8" from the end of the Swingarm, so hopefully I wont need to adjust them once I get stands.

sti491

I think if you order a set of stands from them, they'll send you some free spools.
That sounds like a good deal!

Be sure the front stand will clear the axel when you remove it to take off the wheel. I bought Venom stands off of Amazon and they interfered. I hacked the top off one side and then complained to Venom. They gave me a $25 refund a month after I bought them. LOL.

Attachments