Re-seating the tire bead?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9794
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 9794

I just did my own tire change, it was actually pretty easy except I can't get the bead seated with the new tire. I tried just using air but that's not working. Anybody got any tips other than the flammable spray method?

Fizzer6R

what is the air source you are using? i recall doing it at a friends and using a low PSI portable and it wouldn't seat no matter how long tried, we ended up taking it to a station with one of those coin operated pumps and it literally took a few seconds and pop sealed it right up

D

Deleted member 9794

what is the air source you are using? i recall doing it at a friends and using a low PSI portable and it wouldn't seat no matter how long tried, we ended up taking it to a station with one of those coin operated pumps and it literally took a few seconds and pop sealed it right up
I tried at a station pump but it was getting dark so I couldn't tell where the air was leaking from. My dad recommended I tie a strap around the circumference of the tire (I saw a video of a guy do this also) AND pull out the valve stem core while I try it again. I'll give that a shot tomorrow and hopefully it works.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
D

Deleted member 9794

Thanks everyone, I re-lubed up the tire and found a high pressure air hose at a truck stop. Then rolling the tire back and forth while inflating it made the beads pop into place. It took a bit more pressure than I thought it would for the final stubborn section.

spider2k

Elite Member

Fizzer6R

cool, glad it finally worked out for ya... now time to enjoy the fresh rubber :cool: