RAM mount for Nuvi 6xx series OK ?

S

scottsst

that is the one I use and I really like it I would buy it again if I had the chance to. It holds the unit very nicely and does not block any of the buttons or the power port on the back

O

OMG_WTF

that is the one I use and I really like it I would buy it again if I had the chance to. It holds the unit very nicely and does not block any of the buttons or the power port on the back
How did you mount it onto your bike?
The bottom part just looks like it has 2 screws that stick out.
That's what's confusing me....:confused:

S

scottsst

How did you mount it onto your bike?
The bottom part just looks like it has 2 screws that stick out.
That's what's confusing me....:confused:
the picture they have on the web site is of the one that mounts to the master cyclinders you remove one side of the mount and replace it with the RAM mount . Or you can use the one I used thats just a bar clamp style that is just a U bolt and the RAM mount ball is on the top side of the bars like this

F

FZ1inNH

I have the same bar mount. It is just a U bolt. When you put it on? Tighten each side evenly only until it will not move on the bar, then tighten each nut ONLY 1/4 of a turn more. It is too easy to crush your bar with these steel U bolts.

I have the Nuvi 765 so I bought the Aqua Box for my GPS. Slick! :D

O

OMG_WTF

First of all, thank you for running out to your garage and taking some pics :D

According to RAM's motorcycle wizard, available here:
RAM Motorcycle Mounts

I need this cradle + mount:

Part Details

Part Details

It looks like the wizard wants me to use the U-bolt setup like you have, which seems much nicer than the master cylinder setup.
Does that make sense?
I'm slightly less confused now....

S

scottsst

sounds good to me go for it . the next thing you will need is to power up the GPS but thats another think all together

O

OMG_WTF

Yeah. I'll pull the trigger on this purchase.

To power the GPS, I'll use my battery tender adapter sticking out of my battery to a female cigarette adapter to the GPS cigarette adapter that came with my Garmin.

Does that sound ok?

Attachments

S

scottsst

thats what I did kinda . Instend of using one of the battery tender cigarette adaptor I made my own out of one of the clip style tender leads and wired it to the back of the lighter adaptor I picked up

fz6r rider

Nice set up

O

OMG_WTF

Well my RAM mount came today and I thought I'd post some pics of my setup.
It's not as slick as some other riders', but it works well. I have the female cigarette adapter secured with twisty ties. It's easy to disassemble and reassemble.
Thanks to everyone who helped me out !!

Attachments

S

scottsst

looks good . nice job now go out and try it to make sure you can operate the GPS with gloves on it was the first think I did . I know on my Nuvi it can be a little strange but it works good