R6 headers... Did I get the right ones?!?!?

xplodnstar

Hey guys, did anyone who put on the R6 headers have any of the following problems?

- Header pipes do not completely insert into the engine ports.
- Therefore flanges cannot be tightened flush to the engine.
- Rear mounting bracket does not line up to bracket on the bike.

I got my headers on eBay, so I can't be absolutely sure I got the right ones. If no one else had these problems when installing their 03 - 05 R6 headers, then I know I've got the wrong item.

Thanks for the input.

cbzdel

I am fairly certain everyone had the problem with the rear bracket. do you know the history of the headers? was there an accident that could of warped them?

You have the correct years, there was even a post that said the 2000 and up versions worked I believe it was stroked or stoked or something like that who said it..

xplodnstar

I have no idea of the history. The post was very short and didn't have much info. The headers came with the mid-pipe torn off. There was still some remnants clamped on the header pipe.

I know I bought the right year, but i don't know for certain that the poster put it up right, so I figured I'd ask you guys.

So, the bracket had the same problem..... Anyone have any issues with the pipes? I might just need to do more "nudging", but I thought I should ask before putting them on permanently.

Oh, and one other thing that was an issue for me, the bottom black fairing piece does not fit with them on. Is that normal?

stroke

yea i had the same problem with my headers in the fact that they didnt look like they fit snug in the engine.. Also on the 99' and under models have a lip that sticks out between the middle pipes that doesnt allow for the front fairing to be put back on.. Thats what happened to mine.. But as for the little spaces between the headers and the engine is pretty normal for older headers on a new bike...

cavcuz05

i only have one port that leaks but just bearly