R6 header question

MadMaxx

So just how much of a change would occur if I used a set of r6 headers to mound a slip-on exhaust for some weight savings and better noticability while I save for a full TBR, or maybe MV exhaust? exhaust would I need a PCV now or after I upgrade to a full kit?

sti491

So just how much of a change would occur if I used a set of r6 headers to mound a slip-on exhaust for some weight savings and better noticability while I save for a full TBR, or maybe MV exhaust? exhaust would I need a PCV now or after I upgrade to a full kit?
Please take a look at a recent post I did in this subject: https://www.600cc.org/forum/threads/33454-Marthy-Tribute-Exhaust-Oh-yeah!?highlight=tribute+exhaust

If you have some skills, can find a cheap local welder if you don't weld, you can do what I did for about $500 including the power commander (PC5). Given the design (appear nearly the same as what I did, "Marthy style") and cost of full header systems, I made the decision to spend less on this and more on other mods.

I would love to hear from someone with experience, or anyone with comparative dyno results: If ran my system, then took off my stock cut headers, switched to R6 headers bent and partly crushed to fit the bike, then used my same Delkevic DS70 can, which would perform better?

Restricting flow to make the R6 headers fit an FZ6R just intuitively doesn't make sense unless they have other advantages over a cut stock header though, that I am unaware of?

YES you want a PCV5 when you open the exhaust, and you may as well open the airbox too. You will save a ton of weight taking off the boat anchor cat! My DS70 can weights less than 3 lbs! Get a Lithium Phosphate battery for even more weight savings.

MadMaxx

yeah I'm also looking to mod in the most cost effective way for now. I'm also lazy tho lol I was looking to get that guy's r6 headers but it looks like u may beat me to it. U can also get r6 headers (unmodified tho) for like 50-60 on ebay and IIRC it's possible to just bend around the oil pan although that's prolly a lot more work...

MrFrzZ

yeah I'm also looking to mod in the most cost effective way for now. I'm also lazy tho lol I was looking to get that guy's r6 headers but it looks like u may beat me to it. U can also get r6 headers (unmodified tho) for like 50-60 on ebay and IIRC it's possible to just bend around the oil pan although that's prolly a lot more work...
This is just my two cents, but why not just keep the OEM exhaust and keep saving. Dont put something on it for a place holder for now if you're just going to put a full kit on later. Or get the PC5 now and just have it stored away for the full exhaust.