Put on the DYNO

mike

Went to horsepower shoot out today and they had 3 classes 600cc 1000cc and 1000+. I was the only one entered in the 600 class so i was sure to win until the end of the day a r6 showed up. (108hp) lol It was my buddies bike so i cant be mad. So i had bike put on the dyno. I have TB exhaust with JB pro. Top HP was 73.17. Anyone else had the bike put on a dyno?? I would be interested to see other peoples results. ZX14r pulled 197hp. That was the top pull of the day.
dyno 002.jpg

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

mike

Not bad rwhp for no other performance mods other than exhaust. When I get my bike up and running again I need to have mine properly tuned on the dyno. I have FZ6 cams and some other performance mods besides exhaust. Need a better tune though, only have a good base map. ZX14 put up crazy number.
Let me know when you get tuned with cam mod i would definitely like to know what there putting to the rear wheel with the fz6 cams.

ST3RL0

I'm going to try and sneak in a run this morning, will post up results later. What's good about just an aftermarket exhaust is that you also increase your power to weight ratio.

This was from my first run with pcv, exhaust and fz6 cams.
uploadfromtaptalk1431293065941.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ST3RL0

Did you get the torque values as well? I'd be willing to bet your gas mileage is shite.
No torque numbers :-(
Milage is about 220km per tank.

I reckon if we did a 4th run, I could have hit 86hp

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ST3RL0

Very nice. Good work on this! Made the engine a bit more peaky but not as bad as I would have tough.

How does the mid range feel from your butt dyno? Better, worst or about the same?
From taking it for a spin, it does pick up more but that dip in the dyno sheet is very noticeable in lower gears (going to see if I can smooth it out)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ST3RL0

Kind of why I never consider doing the bigger throttle. From 4K up the mid range had a nice kick. Still... 92HP is quite impressive! That's 25 over stock!
It was my target, get it into the 90's under its own power. When I use it to reset the local track record, it should be pushing 110hp tops