Port Dover...?

ry-mac75

Anyone doing Friday the 13th in Dover this year?

goldenguy422

Yup. :)

ry-mac75

What's up there??
What's up there? Oh hang your head in shame, fellow Ontario rider!! Every Friday the 13th hundreds of thousands of bikers meet up in Port Dover.

Here's the link: Friday the 13th, Port Dover, ON

And here's the story:

The Friday the 13th tradition started in 1981. It was the same year that a group of head-banging teenagers had come together in Los Angeles to form Metallica. Despite a recent assassination attempt, the president of the United States was still Ronald Reagan. Pierre Trudeau was prime minister of Canada, while Bill Davis was premier of Ontario. The Rolling Stones were singing "Start Me Up" and "An American Werewolf in London" was playing in theatres.

Against the backdrop, Chris Simons and approximately 25 friends, through word of mouth, got together at the Commerical Hotel {The Zoo}, now known as Angelos of Dover. It was in November and it was Friday the 13th. They had such a good time they decided they should do it every Friday the 13th. And so the tradition was born.

Every Friday the 13th thereafter, the number of people coming to the event has increased. Chris has a suitcase full of newspaper and magazine clippings regarding Friday the 13th and he has become somewhat of a celebrity because of it. Everywhere he goes, people have heard of Friday the 13th in Port Dover.

Now get your ass there this Friday, because we don't get another one until May 2011.

ry-mac75

That's half the fun! I'm not sure where you're coming from (I know you got the bike from North end of TO)... I'm right downtown - it's about 130k (give or take).

I was going to head out in the morning, depending on what traffic is like, likely around 8 or 9a.

goldenguy422

I've been waiting for this all season. It's 180km for me but it'll be worth it!

ry-mac75

I've been waiting for this all season. It's 180km for me but it'll be worth it!
I'm stoked - best part... I'm going FOR work.

See you boys out there! I'll be the Raven 09 w/ the Skull tank protector, TBR exhaust, D3 red grips, rear tire hugger blah blah blah....

ry-mac75

Oh - here's an idea of what it is all about... for those that don't know... this is last November's...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXETClDwO2s]YouTube - ‪Port Dover Friday the 13th November 2009 Drive down Main Street‬‎[/ame]

FZ6Raven

I was there last november for it... It was pretty cool but I don't think ill be goin back this year... They are expecting over 100,000 bikes this year... too crowded for me.

goldenguy422

Dover in April

I'm headed back again, anyone else?