Plate light option for FE

Roaddawg

Just wanted to include some info for another option for license plate lights for people that did a fender eliminator. I custom made my FE and used the stock turn signals. I needed a plate light and found the Radiantz brand license plate frame with the LED's installed on the frame (model #8201-52). Here's some pics. I'm very pleased with the look. It's clean, bright, and gives more rear visibility in the dark as well. I like it much better than the bolt light LED's. Hope this helps someone in their quest to modify.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That looks nice. The chrome is a little flashy for my taste though. Does the tail light not give off enough light to be able to see the license plate?

Roaddawg

I thought about painting it white to match the plate or black (maybe when I paint my forks:thumbup:). The taillight did light the plate up some, but not enough by CA laws. Plate light needs to be white and visible to 50 feet from rear. Plus, I don't mind the extra visibility to the rear since I'll be commuting into San Francisco here soon with these crazy cagers on the freeway.

cbzdel

Warning, to much bling haha :D