Pirelli Angel ST

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I'd say 16k miles out of them is outstanding! ;) They look like a great tire. I'm torn between these and the PR2 again. I never had much of a chance to test the PR's out before I ate it.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

OffTheClock

Well, I followed Dart suggestion. The PR2 are installed and can't wait to give them a good run. The Conti Motion has been really good to me but they were not making the rear in 160 anymore and didn't feel the need or desire to go with a 170.
Marthy,

Please let me know what you think of those PR2's. I am about to replace my tires and as you know i do mostly commuting. So many threads on this and opinions yet at the end of the day, the majority of people I have come in contact with still say PR2's.
I certainly want to get a good tire and be able to get decent mielage out of them. I have around 7500 miles on my Bridgestones and they are certainly done

linkgt

16k is amazing. I'll keep an eye out on the new GT tires:

Pirelli Angel GT Sport Touring Rear Tire - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/news/2013/04/24/new-pirelli-angel-gt-sport-touring-tyre-is-number-one-in-its-segment-for-mileage/

"Angel GT is the best tyre for mileage in the Sport Touring segment. This was established and certified by the authoritative independent German body Motorrad TestCenter which conducted a test, comparing Pirelli with Michelin Pilot Road 3, Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II, Bridgestone Battlax BT 023, Continental RoadAttack2 and Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact M/O."

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

linkgt

No problem! I will probably end up getting the GT's next year. As you mentioned, hopefully there will be a lot of rider reviews by then.