Pilot Road 3

CrazyCawi

Toof I spoke with my rep and hes heard alot of good things about the metzler roadtec, ull have to give us a review :)

teban

hey whats up....

I just put 11800 km = 7332.180 mi. on the dunlop tires and I got to change them... so I decide to go for the Pilot Raod 3....

let me tell you.. It feels like you are riding a bicycle sooo smooth and nice....

and when ever is raining... you dont really have to worry too much the tires will do the work for you....

im very happy with my pilot road 3... i hardly recommend go to go to michelin and get the pilot road 3.

linkgt

Great... i put an order in for a rear tire a few days ago(supposed to arrive monday) and now it's too late to cancel. I was just going to order the front too. I'm going over the fz6 thread and i'm going to do some google research on this. I was going to go with another brand like pirelli or bridgestone but they both have negative reviews on wear and such(on their Sport touring tires)...the PR3 seemed like the only tires most people agreed on positive wear and feel. DAMN so pissed right now! :banghead:

EDIT: Can the people on this forum who own these tire PLEASE give me/us feedback on them so far? Mileage and all would be greatly appreciated...

Last edited:

linkgt

Well i just received my rear PR3 tire... Manufactured (2011) = Week 20 May 16, 2011 May 22, 2011

I will post updates about every 1000 miles or so about em. Here's to hoping they are fine

Detrich

the PR3's have a gnarly tread pattern, but i guess that's how it channels water so effectively & it makes it a safer tire...

at the rate i'm going, i'll be needing to get new rubber for the R6 in a few months... am trying to decide between the Dunlop Q2's vs. Michelin Pilot Powers vs. Michelin Pilot 2CT's... does anyone know the 'real world' differences between Pilot Power vs Pilot 2CT?

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/pubs/fitment2011.pdf

High-Performance/Sport

linkgt

So i was finally able to afford to add the front tire on my bike as well... I believe my rear PR3 is only about 500 miles ahead in wear so it's not too bad. The grip is amazing so far. Will update once I get a few thousand miles in...

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

CrazyCawi

I've got about 500 miles on my set now. I'm lovin' them.
I got about7500 miles on them...rear tire started to wear funny and felt alot of vibs and caused me not to trust the tire as much....

replaced with the pirelli angels st's

linkgt

I got about7500 miles on them...rear tire started to wear funny and felt alot of vibs and caused me not to trust the tire as much....

replaced with the pirelli angels st's
Really... wow. *sigh* this tire has soo many stories, it's insane. This will definitely my one and only pair of PR3's. I mean they look cool but wtf. Will invest in other sport touring tires next time.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Boolag

I swear by them, great tire. Never had any problems with them..so finding this thread and reading up on alledged issues with this tire is making me feel a bit at odds about recommending it to others.

CrazyCawi

I swear by them, great tire. Never had any problems with them..so finding this thread and reading up on alledged issues with this tire is making me feel a bit at odds about recommending it to others.
Yeah...ill never go back to the tire, maybe I just got a bad batch, but it didnt sit well with me after the first few thousand miles I felt like I lost most of my grip unfortunately. I cant use a power pure or anything like that because I commute so trying to find the best of both worlds for commute and weekend twisty is hard. Maybe I was to critical on the tire, idk. they were 100% step above the factory tire though

linkgt

well, I have about +2500 miles on them. So far so good, confident in twisties, highway and I rode in some REALLY bad rain last month. Never once did I feel the tires slip, hydroplane etc( was on highway). So far i'm liking these tires and as CC said early, %100 above stock tires...

Striker 815

Any recent updates on these tires?

I need to replace my stock ones this season and have strongly considered these. My dad says there probably not worth the money and I should jut go for a cheap round and black tire...

I do like to get hard into the corners where I can. Most of my riding is on fairly straight highway though.

BKP

Any recent updates on these tires?

I need to replace my stock ones this season and have strongly considered these. My dad says there probably not worth the money and I should jut go for a cheap round and black tire...

I do like to get hard into the corners where I can. Most of my riding is on fairly straight highway though.
I've been through two sets of the PR2s, and love them.
However, the Pilot Road 4s are out, and they come three versions. They're supposed to be grippier than the PR2s, better in the wet than the PR3s, and have 20% longer life than either of them...

Might want to take a look.

SixRFixR

I have over 4,000 miles on my PR3's. There's tons of tread left. There are no handling issues. I have some unusual wear as described here:
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f67/read-my-tires-30440/#post423245

Research shows this type of wear is related to rebound damping, not tire pressure. It's not adjustable on the FZ6R, so we're stuck if that's what it is. I would go with the PR4's to see if the new sipe design resolves this issue, if it is an issue. The only other thing is the front tire has made some sort of "whirring" noise since day one. I think you need a dual-compound tire for your riding and so would not go with cheap, round and black.