Pilot Road 3

Lilday

I've had Pilot Roads (I guess they're technically PR1s) on my bike for about 5,000 miles now. Still plenty of tread in both.

They've never let me down through normal riding.

I had the rear slip once in Wales, I was chasing a rally car though on very slippery roads and honestly, I think any tire would have lost traction. It was only for a split second and nothing major - but still a bit scary haha.

The other time I was making my exhaust 'pop'. So rev it up to about 6k, let off the throttle and then on the overrun I'd get flames going pop pop pop. I was doing this and suddenly the light up ahead turned red. I slammed on the brakes and the rear locked.

Both times I lost traction were due to me, the rider. Not the tire(s).

I've just bought a set of PR3s ready for the spring. They seem like a good option as here in the UK it is wet all year, and I'm planning a big trip through France so I'll need the mileage from the dual compound.

Slick

I, too, have used the ContiMotion. For the price, I love them. However, I didn't get more than 4k on a set. I lean into corners probably more than necessary, but it is fun! I have also never touched a footpeg with this bike ('09 FZ6R), though I have scraped my boot soles. I have ridden in the Hill Country of Texas, and the mountains and back roads of TN, NC, SC, KY, and GA. I need to replace the rubber on the footpegs, but necer touched down on one.

I did scrape the centerstand a few times on my Triumph Adventure, and that upset the bike a ton. I think grinding footpegs on the FZ6R would upset me more than the bike!