one of a kind fz6r

fz6r rider

I just ordered a few rolls of red carbon fiber vinyl wrap for my bike. I wanted something that noone out there has and something that will set my bike apart from everyone elses. I decided to go with this DECALFX.com! 3D RED Carbon Fiber Vinyl! Looks Realistic with WEAVES! Low cost, high quality vinyl film overlay sheets! Textured for hoods, custom interior dash trim moulding!. Looks bad ass and should only take a day to apply. Does not damage the paint or original decals and is garunteed not to fade or scratch for upto 5 years. only downside is that i will have to buy a new helmet to go with it.

custom paint= $400
and 1 week of not having a bike
vinyl wrap= $90
and not having a bike for a couple hours

P

Portmore78

Very interesting idea. Please post pics videos and the whole 9!

fz6recon

Hope it looks better than the Faux Carbon Fiber I've seen on a bike out here...(Really Really Bad sticker job)...good luck...and post pics

fz6r rider

its all about patience my friend can't rush perfection. I am also designing a custom fz6r sticker for each side of the front side fender. Just have to wait until 2nd week of june to install since im in the middle of moving to florida

fz6r rider

haha i dont mind if others copy just to be the original to do so would be enough for me

cbzdel

I hope it looks better than all the fake cf decals I have seen in the past, but I think this should turn out nice, cant wait to see the end result!

fz6r rider

not just a decal I am wrapping the entire bike well all the plastics and then i am getting a custom fz6r graphic for the side fairings the only trouble I am having is trying to figure out how much I am going to need the widest it goes is 24 inches so hopefully nothing is wider then that

fz6r rider

in your opinion what made the other cf wraps look bad?

fz6r rider

why wont you like it?

M

madmanmaigret

why wont you like it?
Because carbon fiber wraps/stickers look like fake carbon fiber and never look real enough. I like the originality (sp) of your idea but look around for some pictures and see if you really like the way it looks up close....IMHO a custom paint job earns wayyyyyyyy more cool points than a wrap. And I have seen some pretty cool wraps (my sister designs them as a graphic designer)

cbzdel

in your opinion what made the other cf wraps look bad?

About 5 or 6 year ago I ordered some black CF wrap off ebay, they claimed it looked just like the real deal.. It was total CRAP! It was just black and silver squares on top of eachother, even for 15 feet away it looked like fake CF and further than 15 feet it just looked like a crappy black paint haha..

But after checking out the link a little more this stuff looks more legit! I think this could turn out good, the only problem I see is doing the tank! Getting those sharp bends is not going to be easy and if you hack it up to make it match its going to be even harder to line it up perfect! Flat spots and small curves are easy but the Tank and edges of the fairing will be a PITA!

But best of luck to you! I am hoping this turns out good and cant wait to see pics! :thumbup:

fz6recon

The problem with the bike down here with fake CF is either just a really crappy job of sticking it on or its just the sun/heat. The sticker/wrap is pealing and looks really bad up close. If I see it again I'll snap some pics and post em.

A

abacall

why wont you like it?
It's cool to see people trying something different, but fake CF is just that, fake CF. And that's why it isn't my favorite. CF has a purpose, and when used to that purpose it looks killer. But when used for the look, it just ends up looking cheesy (IMO).
Now, if you decided you replace your plastics with genuine CF, that would really make your bike unique.:rockon:

fz6r rider

haha if i could afford real cf fairings i would do just that but A. they dont make em for our bike and B. can't afford I may go with the blue cf and leave the tank yellow im not sure yet

llervero

its all about patience my friend can't rush perfection. I am also designing a custom fz6r sticker for each side of the front side fender. Just have to wait until 2nd week of june to install since im in the middle of moving to florida
Good look and welcome to FL.